Menu Planning

Someone asked me to post a menu based on what I got with my budgeted money. Unfortunately, this week's breakfasts have been nothing but cereal. It's been hard to muster up the energy to make breakfast as I'm still sick. Generally, I do have a different type of breakfast.

Monday
B - Cereal, juice
L - at school (I do make Emily's lunch as she hates the school lunches)
D - Someone brought dinner for us

Tuesday
B - Cereal, juice
L - at school
D - Italian sausage soup, French bread

Wednesday
B - Cereal, juice
L - at school
D - Homemade pizza (mushrooms and spinach on one; onions and red and green peppers on the other), tossed salad

Thursday
B - Cereal, juice
L - at school
D - Pork chops with homemade shake & bake seasoning, oven fried sweet potatoes, steamed mixed vegetables, homemade biscuits

Friday
B - Homemade onion bagels, cream cheese, juice
L - at school
D - Pork stir fry with veggies, rice, tossed salad

Saturday
B - Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, juice
L - Leftovers
D - Roast chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, steamed carrots

Sunday
B - Cereal, juice
L - Chicken, fennel & leek soup, homemade Italian bread
D - Leftovers

I always enjoy coming up with creative ways to use the groceries and save money!

Comments

  1. It sounds good, Terri - I hope you are leaning a lot on the resident chef while you get better (hint, hint!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good to me! After looking at last months budget, we really need to trim down the groceries. I am trying to be very creative this month and seeing how to make things stretch into several meals!

    Hope you are feeling better soon Terri!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your menu is awesome, considering how ill you have been Terri! Get well soon ! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Terri! I think I am really going to have to work on my grocery budget and meal planning!

    Blessings ~ hope you are feeling better!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, homemade bagels! I bet they are wonderful. I made some many years ago but have never been that ambitious again.
    Have you ever made and frozen French Toast to have for Breakfast? It's very easy to do. You can also make Egg-cheese-bacon (or ham) biscuits really easily for the freezer, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went shopping yesterday, and could really see a jump in prices. It's getting harder and harder. We don't have an Aldi's, but we have a Save-a-Lot, and it's about the cheapest. Last week, they had chicken leg quarters for $.35 a pound. I ended up with 30 lbs, baked it all, deboned it and froze it. I also get the Angel Food Ministries food on a regular basis. Do you have a place that sponsors this? It is really great!

    http://www.angelfoodministries.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live