Thursday, April 7, 2011

Menu Planning

Someone asked me to post a menu based on what I got with my budgeted money. Unfortunately, this week's breakfasts have been nothing but cereal. It's been hard to muster up the energy to make breakfast as I'm still sick. Generally, I do have a different type of breakfast.

Monday
B - Cereal, juice
L - at school (I do make Emily's lunch as she hates the school lunches)
D - Someone brought dinner for us

Tuesday
B - Cereal, juice
L - at school
D - Italian sausage soup, French bread

Wednesday
B - Cereal, juice
L - at school
D - Homemade pizza (mushrooms and spinach on one; onions and red and green peppers on the other), tossed salad

Thursday
B - Cereal, juice
L - at school
D - Pork chops with homemade shake & bake seasoning, oven fried sweet potatoes, steamed mixed vegetables, homemade biscuits

Friday
B - Homemade onion bagels, cream cheese, juice
L - at school
D - Pork stir fry with veggies, rice, tossed salad

Saturday
B - Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, juice
L - Leftovers
D - Roast chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, steamed carrots

Sunday
B - Cereal, juice
L - Chicken, fennel & leek soup, homemade Italian bread
D - Leftovers

I always enjoy coming up with creative ways to use the groceries and save money!