Monday, April 18, 2011

Multitude Monday

Jeremiah 29:11 ~ "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

This has been a verse I have clung to for my oldest. For years I've worried about him and have been anxious for his future. His reading and math skills are minimal. His writing skills are non-existent. As an individual with autism, his social skills were horrendous. I've been concerned over his future and even though I know God is in control, it is difficult at times not to be concerned for him.

About a year and a half ago, he joined the volunteer fire department. Dan & I just assumed that this was another obsession. He talked incessantly about the fire house and all he was learning. All of the sudden, he had friends calling him. For someone who never had a friend in his entire life, this was a big deal!

He took and passed Scene Support Operations, Firefighter One and Wildland Search and Rescue. For someone with minimal academic skills this was huge!

Even though we have moved to a different district and Nathan is in the process of joining a different station, he was invited to the old station's annual dinner dance. Nathan was only allowed to bring one guest so he took his dad. When I woke yesterday morning, I discovered that Nathan had won the 2010 Rookie of the Year award. Dan said he received a standing ovation.

The chief spoke with Dan and said that Nathan should pursue his civil service exam to become a paid firefighter. This is something that I never could have forseen. All my wasted years of worry when I should have been trusting the Lord for Nathan's future.

I know he still has a long way to go, but God has allowed us to see a glimpse into what lies ahead for my son. That is the top of my blessings for this week.

I'm thankful for Blessings #336-345

♥ A son who has a hope and a future.

Photobucket

♥ A week off from work.

♥ Not coughing anymore.

♥ Singing birds.

Photobucket

♥ Spring flowers.

Photobucket

♥ A wonderful small group.

♥ Rich green every where I look.

Photobucket

♥ Sons enthusiastic about starting our garden.

♥ Curtains and wall hangings up in the new house.

And finally...

♥ Reminder of my Savior's love.

Photobucket