Multitude Monday

Psalm 118:24 ~

"This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it."


Making a choice.

Every moment and day here on the earth is given by the Lord. Every day we are given a choice. We can choose to be joyful and look for the good in each moment or we can choose to be miserable. We can make a choice to rejoice in the small things or make a choice to grumble and complain.

I'm making a choice to look for the blessings in my life. Does that mean I'm walking around with my head in the clouds? No. In fact, I have some pretty grim realities that are a part of my every day life. Things that most people will never have to deal with.

Yet, I am making a choice. I am choosing to be joyful. I am choosing to acknowledge that God has given me this life and that it is a blessing. Choosing this doesn't change my reality but it certainly changes my attitude!

Today I'm thankful for Blessings #406-425

♥ Surviving an extremely hectic week.

♥ A wonderful surprise for my daughter.

Photobucket

♥ Making my food budget stretch this week.

♥ A free fence for my garden.

♥ A friend who gave me a ride home so I wouldn't have to wait for Dan.

♥ Stephen's first prom.

Photobucket

♥ Nathan finally being able to go out on a fire call.

♥ Seeing a 5 year old from my school at my daughter's play and having her ask me for my autograph. :-)

♥ Brothers who gave up their plans to watch their sister's play.

Photobucket

♥ The experience of seeing a bear in our yard.

♥ Finding that my autistic son found the solution to a problem on his own (this is something that never would have happened two years ago).

♥ Listening to him carry on a conversation as well as give wonderful eye contact with his neurologist. A year ago, I had to answer most questions for him and he wouldn't make eye contact with the doctor. These last two blessing just make me want to cry with joy.

♥ Emily, who did a wonderful job in her musical and had fun doing it.

Photobucket

♥ Middle school students who performed their hearts out this weekend.

Photobucket

♥ Friends who invited Emily to stay overnight and get her to rehearsal so we wouldn't have to leave church early.

Photobucket

♥ Being able to sing with our worship team the past few weeks.

♥ Listening to baby chicks cheep as I type.

♥ Seeing Emily devour a good book.

♥ A husband with whom I can have wonderful, long conversations.

Finally...

♥ That the Lord has given me new eyes to see His many blessings in my life.

Comments

  1. So many blessings! Your son looks so handsome in his tux. I bet he enjoyed prom night with his pretty date.

    Congrats to Nathan on his first fire call, and to Emily for her musical.

    I think I'll pass on having a bear in my backyard. Scary! (We don't have bears on Long Island, anyway.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counting our blessings one by one is a great way to choose to live in the clouds. I for one, see nothing wrong with that!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uplifting post Terri, and great pics! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list, especially the beautiful pictures of your children. The picture of your daughter with the bird is precious! I am also choosing to be joyful and look for the good in each moment. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Stephen-you look so handsome in your tux. Hope you had a great evening.

    I bet Nathan was thrilled with his first fire at this fire department.

    And I betcha Emily knocked them dead with her singing in her musical.

    I know all your children are a blessing to you Terri. Each in their own way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live