Monday, June 6, 2011

Multitude Monday

Photobucket

Philippians 4:6 ~ "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

It was not a good week in our household. There were so many things happening that just stirred up my anxieties. My middle son was diagnosed with Lyme's disease and pneumonia. My daughter was also tested for Lyme's after we found a tick in her and we are awaiting the results. We are really struggling financially. I'm in a quandry about a decision I need to make.

Everything that could go wrong, did. It was enough to send me sobbing to my room one day and to keep me lying awake at night and stressing. Yet, this verse in Philippians says we are to present our requests to God - with thanksgiving. Wow! That is hard to do. Yet when we do, our attitude turns around. We pray with expectation that God will work.

So even though this week was a struggle, I am striving to praise God in the midst of the trial. Today I'm thankful for Blessings #441-450

♫ Emily who got right in there with the boys to build the chicken coop.

Photobucket

♫ Talking with my sister on the phone.

♫ Watching my son show self-confidence as he worked with the fire company at the local community days.

Photobucket

♫ Listening to elementary children tell me their stories each day in the breakfast line.

♫ Good natured teasing from friends.

♫ A friend who loaned us their car for the day.

♫ Face painting at the park.

Photobucket

♫ Mint from the garden.

Photobucket

♫ Lots of helpers for a church event.

Photobucket

and finally...

♫ A beautiful sky in the evening.

Photobucket