Multitude Monday

Photobucket

Philippians 4:6 ~ "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

It was not a good week in our household. There were so many things happening that just stirred up my anxieties. My middle son was diagnosed with Lyme's disease and pneumonia. My daughter was also tested for Lyme's after we found a tick in her and we are awaiting the results. We are really struggling financially. I'm in a quandry about a decision I need to make.

Everything that could go wrong, did. It was enough to send me sobbing to my room one day and to keep me lying awake at night and stressing. Yet, this verse in Philippians says we are to present our requests to God - with thanksgiving. Wow! That is hard to do. Yet when we do, our attitude turns around. We pray with expectation that God will work.

So even though this week was a struggle, I am striving to praise God in the midst of the trial. Today I'm thankful for Blessings #441-450

♫ Emily who got right in there with the boys to build the chicken coop.

Photobucket

♫ Talking with my sister on the phone.

♫ Watching my son show self-confidence as he worked with the fire company at the local community days.

Photobucket

♫ Listening to elementary children tell me their stories each day in the breakfast line.

♫ Good natured teasing from friends.

♫ A friend who loaned us their car for the day.

♫ Face painting at the park.

Photobucket

♫ Mint from the garden.

Photobucket

♫ Lots of helpers for a church event.

Photobucket

and finally...

♫ A beautiful sky in the evening.

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Well done Terri, sometimes it is the only way through, just to hang onto His word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing that your husband is a pastor...is the ministry going particularly well? Is there a special missional event coming?? Is it possible there's some spiritual warfare going on??
    I am praying for you and your family today. God is in control. I know he will provide, sometimes moment by moment...
    Phil. 4 is my favorite chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, hang in there and thank you for continuing to bless us all with your posts. Big hugs, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes out to you, Terri. You and your family will be in my prayers. I hope your children get over their sicknesses. Philippians4:6-8 are my favorite verses in the bible. I pray God's peace will come to you. I have had many days where everything that can go wrong does and these verses are what comforts me. Please think on good thoughts and trust God to help you.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blessings to be thankful for!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    PS - I sent you an email :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri, here's a great big HUG! Things will start to turn around, have faith.

    Coleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pics and praise God's word which is such an encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Terri! I am so sorry to hear about the Lyme disease and pneumonia. I know that is extremely stressful. I pray that Emily will not have it too. My sister got it many years ago and didn't know she had it so she didn't treat it until late. I'm hoping this is not the case for you. I know how terrible it is. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

    Mari Beth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.