Yearly Goal Review

I had wanted to review my yearly goals each and every month to see how I'm doing on sticking with them. Of course, a major move and multiple rounds of sickness on top of working full-time really pushed it right out of my mind.

I have a feeling if I'm not consistent with looking back over this that I'll never accomplish what I set out to do this year.

Here are the goals I set and my review is in blue.

Spiritual Goals
♥ Have consistent quiet time with the Lord
♥ Read through the Bible
♥ Write devotionals for my family for our Advent Jesse Tree next Christmas. I want to write something for older children/teens as the one I have is for younger children.

While I haven't touched the last one, I have been doing well with the other two.

Marriage Relationship Goals
♥ Spend one evening a week on a date with dh (right now it's been Thursday nights)
♥ Ask dh each day what I can do to help him out.
♥ Make a point of telling dh each day of something that I appreciate about him. I want to do a better job of pointing out what he does right, rather than what he is doing wrong!

I need to really work on this! I mean, we have a very good marriage but I have to work harder at making things less about me and more about Dan!

Relationship with Children
♥ Work on remaining calm when dealing with problems.
♥ Work on communicating with the boys as adults and less like they are still little boys and ordering them around.
♥ Consistent family devotions
♥ Take Emily out for one on one time at least 2-3 times per month. She really seems to need this from me.

Again, some of these need some work. I'm doing better with the first two. We were doing great with having regular family devotions and then this past month that seems to have fallen apart so we need to get back on track with that.

Health & Nutrition
♥ Lose 35 lbs. this year (HAH! This one definitely needs a do over!)
♥ Regular exercise - at least 4-5 times per week.
♥ Work on tweaking recipes to make them healthier

Well, according to my doctor I have NOT been working on this one. Dan & I have started walking, but I need to be more consistent and I definitely have to work on losing weight. I haven't gained - does that count? lol

Household & Organizational Items
♥ Write out a menu each week and shop accordingly
♥ Make a shopping list before I go
♥ Use cash for shopping (I find it easier to stick to the budget when I have cash)
♥ Put together a household manual (I planned on doing this in 2010, but it never happened)
♥ Stick to a regular cleaning schedule
♥ Work on having cards ready at the beginning of each month for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. This way all I have to do is pop a stamp on and mail them so they are received on time.
♥ Work on Christmas gifts throughout the year so it doesn't sneak up on me again. It was definitely an adjustment working full-time, so I need to be ahead of the game.

Menu and shopping list are doing great.

I've been doing the cash for shopping and we are sticking with the budget.

The cards and Christmas gifts haven't been consistent at all. School is done next week though and I hope to get back on top of it!

Household manual - not happening.

Cleaning schedule - didn't happen!


Ministry Goals
♥ Reduce the amount of things that I'm doing in order to allow others to step up and minister
♥ Continue writing my Wednesday Words of Encouragement to the ladies at church
♥ Pray deliberately for the women in our church

Doing great here.

Okay, I stink! I definitely need to refocus and get back on these goals. I think looking at them once a month will help.

Comments

  1. It sounds as though you have done well Terri...look at the positives, not the bits you've missed out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terri.
    It has been good getting caught up with you. Looks like you are on your way to reaching your goals. Stop by sometimes to my new blog for a visit.
    Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete
  3. What counts is that you have set goals and that you do periodically check on your Progress. Your goals are great and your efforts commendable and considering your schedule, your efforts are also applaudable. So I give you a B+ overall. You do a lot more than most so keep up the good work! At least you are constantly evaluating and improving so you get an A for that.

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live