Hunkering Down

Photobucket

We are under a tropical storm warning here and are hunkering down for the brunt of the storm late tonight and all day tomorrow. High winds, heavy rains, and flooding. It just started pouring about 20 minutes ago.

I've been through this many times when we lived in New Jersey. The problem here is that we are out in the middle of the woods. Lots and lots of old, dead trees just waiting to fall.

We are hoping that we don't lose power because we don't have a generator. However, if we do I'm as prepared as I can be.

Bathtub filled with water
Pails and other containers filled with water
Drinking water
Flashlight and candles ready
Made a number of food items to last us a few days (bread, cookies, hard boiled eggs, pasta salad, etc.)
The grill is up on the porch and available in case we need that

Nathan is loving all the activity at the firehouse the past few days and in the days to come. We canceled our church service for tomorrow to keep people safe.

So now all we have to do is hunker down and wait.

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Have been thinking of you as I watched the news Terri - God bless.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Terri,

    Keeping your family in our prayers...praying for safety through the storm.

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    PS - Did all the chicks turn out to be roosters! :O I bet you don't need any alarm clocks in the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irene just passed us yesterday and she was nice. No damage to us or anyone on our street. I'm praying you have the same outcome. Enjoy your lock down and catch up on some much needed rest!!
    Blessings, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems there is plenty to worry about. The news that we have watched on TV doesnt sound good.
    Praying for your safety.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nadine, YES!!! Can you believe it? All five of them are roosters! I think I'm going to lose my mind listening to them crow one after the other from morning til night. LOL!!! Of course, Emily won't hear of turning them into chicken stew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that you and everyone else in the path of the storm are kept safe and well. Love, Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live