Multitude Monday

Photobucket

We weathered the tropical storm relatively unscathed. We had no power for 12 hours but it actually turned into a wonderful day of board games and "roughing" it for our family. I certainly wouldn't want to live without power, but once in a while it is good to live without our modern gadgets.

Today I'm thankful for Blessings #611-625

♥ Being prepared. It's not often that you get a chance to prepare ahead of time for no electricity.

♥ The gift of apples and pears from a friend's trees.

Photobucket

♥ An unexpected credit at the doctor's office which paid for the visit.

♥ A friend who bought me this gadget a garage sale a few years back. Tomatoes go in the top, crank, and sauce comes out one side and seeds and skin the other.

Photobucket

♥ Finding out that Stephen's endocrinologist participates in Dan's new health plan. We love her and have used her for years. I wasn't looking forward to finding a new one.

♥ Selling enough bread to help us out with gas money for the next week until Dan gets paid.

♥ Again, the provision of tomatoes from another friend.

♥ The taste of apples right off the tree.

Photobucket

♥ Nathan who is living his dream this weekend. He slept over at the firehouse for two nights as they were on standby for potential hurricane issues.

♥ Nathan is also feeling better after a few days on prednisone. He had some sort of allergic reaction to the sun and had a rash everywhere and was swelling from his neck up and wheezing.

♥ Beautiful skies.

Photobucket

♥ My filling fell out on Friday and I have a gaping hole in my tooth. Thankful that though I can't get into see the dentist until today, I've had no pain.

♥ A day of board games under the shelter of a porch.

Photobucket

♥ Finding joy in the simple things in life.

Photobucket

and finally...

♥ God's protection.



Comments

  1. isn't it interesting that storms drive us together? that we can take shelter together, and weather the rain as one. such grace. blessings, all the way from Uganda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terri,
    I so know what you are talking about. We have been through 2 hurricanes in 6 years. God is good. Happy everyone is safe.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that even though I wouldn't wish for a storm, I always like being all cozy in the house and being able to stay home.

    Our power was off 12 hours too, so it wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are all ok, and yes, nothing like losing power for bringing everyone together for some board games! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful list! God always is on time, isn't He! :) Visiting from Ann's...

    Blessings,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many things I love about storms - especially how everything stops - but simple, quiet living things like board games, curling up with a book, knitting or just watching a storm. I LOVE your gadget for tomatoes! Glad you guys are o.k. - and electricty is back. Be blessed this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live