My Father

Photobucket

This is a picture I have of my dad from two years ago at a barbecue we hosted. That actually was the last time I saw him. As the week has gone on and I've had more time to reflect I've been able to be a bit more objective and calm.

I talked to his wife last night and it turned out he went out to mow someone's lawn and never came home. The cause of death was a heart attack. He was 73 years old and had remained active way beyond retirement. My dad didn't want a funeral or memorial service and has been cremated.

However, today the family will be getting together for a picnic. I'll see cousins, aunts and uncles that I haven't seen in years. I'll get to see my sister whom I haven't seen since February. I'm looking forward to catching up with them all.

My dad will be remembered today.

Comments

  1. Praying for a special day for you, Terri. To God be the glory! Because of your father, the world has you and your children. I am thankful for his life.

    Love you, friend,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Elaine. What a cool way to look at it and I never thought of that! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri! I am so sorry about the passing of your father.

    Love , Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Debbi. I appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri, maybe your relationship with him wasnt all you would have liked, but as Elaine said, it is because of him that you are here to lighten all our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri, I hope your day turns out to be a blessing for you.
    Sometimes God shows himself strong in unusual circumstances and we end up getting a blessing when we don't think we will.
    Just asking the Lord to bless you today. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terri,
    I am sorry for the loss of your father, and hope today went well.

    --Karen A (from CHF Web, who owns an apron from a giveaway)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terri, I am so sorry for your loss. ... hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very glad that you could all get together in memory of your father. I'm sure that you will all have a great time catching up on each others lives. There is nothing better than doing things with your family.

    Love, Mom

    PS When you were little, your dad use to chase you around the house acting like a bear and you would come running to me to pick you up and then you would turn around and laugh at your dad. When I put you down, you would chase him and act like a bear and you would keep doing that for long periods of time. Thought you might like to have that memory told to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.