Duck's Moving Day

Photobucket


We acquired 5 ducks about a month ago and they've been in the pen that surrounds the chicken coop. They stay in the coop at night with the roosters. I've been filling small tub with water for them a few times a day, but it was becoming increasingly clear that we needed to relocate them to the pond behind the church.

We finally decided to do it yesterday afternoon. Emily, of course, was sad to let them go. She is afraid that they are going to fly away and we won't see them again.

Photobucket

We had toyed with getting their wings clipped, but to be honest, I felt that they would be happier if they could live like they would if we didn't have them. So we are taking our chances.

Photobucket

They headed straight to the water.

Photobucket

I've never seen such happy ducks!

Photobucket

The best part was at the end of the day they came waddling back across the yard and right into the coop! That was what I was hoping they would do because I know they will be safe there at night.

Comments

  1. Loved this post! We had ducks a few years ago, but they needed proper water too to be really happy, so we re-homed them. I know ducks are supposed to be content with a basin of water, but they always seem SO much happier with a proper pond! Lovely pics Terri. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horrah for the ducks! I'm sure that they will be very contented with that whole pond to themselves and getting away from the roosters for a while. Now for the roosters....You need some chicks and one rooster...the others are destined for the pot before they get too big and too tough.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live