Chocolate Pudding

Photobucket

I made chocolate pudding for dessert the other night and it was delicious. It is so simple to make and no, you don't need a box mix.

1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
3 Tbsp. corn starch
1/4 tsp. salt
2 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Combine sugar, cocoa, corn starch, and salt in a sauce pan and then gradually blend in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, till the mixture thickens. Cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Add vanilla.

Pour into 5 or 6 serving dishes; chill.

I served mine with homemade whipped cream or you can serve it plain.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Mmmmmmm! Choooocolaaate...
    And it looks so pretty in those dishes! I think I might have to give it a try someday. You make it sound easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS--on that last line that says 'milk,' did you mean vanilla?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good grief!!!! Yes! It was supposed to be vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!

    When my grandparents celebrated their fiftieth wedding anniversary I gave them drinking glasses that match your dessert glasses (40 years ago). When they passed I got them back.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live