Christmas Cookies














My favorite time of the year! I just realized the other day that Christmas is just around the corner and I haven't started planning out my cookies yet. I usually start making them in early November and put them in the freezer. This way I can pull them out for various parties and events.

It always makes me laugh because no matter how many cookies I think I have, I usually end up having to make more because we run out.

So I sat down and made up a list. The day after Thanksgiving we always put up our tree and decorations and then have hot cocoa and cookies so I do need to start baking!

Here is the plan:

Cookies
Minty chocolate cookies
Christmas meringues
Gingerbread men
Spritz
Thumbprint Cookies
Cocoa snowflakes
Cinnamon pinwheels
Sugar cookies
Swedish ginger thins
Kolacky
Bizcochitos

Candy
Date-nut balls
Rum balls
Fudge

What are you baking this year?

Comments

  1. Yummy! I haven't even thought about baking yet. I don't do as much as I used to because my kids are all grown and my husband and I don't need to eat too many cookies. Now you have put me in the mood to get out the mixer and beaters. :-)

    Have fun baking and freezing.

    Love, Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might make a couple of those things, but I'm not quite as productive as you, lol! :) I look forward to seeing your lovely baking this year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't even thought of Christmas stuff yet. I'm still planning my Thanksgiving meal. Actually we have two Thanksgiving meals. The real one on the 25th and one at church the sunday before Thanksgiving. Therefore, I'm planning what I am going to make for the Church one which usually is a whole meal as if we were cooking for ourselves. I'm making a Pork Roast, Sweet Potato Casserole, Lime Bean and Sausage Casserole and a carrot Casserole. Thanksgiving will be the traditional foods and we're having guests.

    To answer your question about Christmas Cookies...I haven't even thought about it. Maybe I'll come to your house and help you eat yours. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm...they all sound delicious! I have not yet made a list, but I have been looking through the cookbooks and holiday magazines! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,I found your lovely blog through The Quiet Home.
    I too have a son on the autism spectrum, although a bit younger than your Nathan ;-) My Noah is now 3 years old.

    I love the beautiful Christmas cookies you make! They are SO colourful and fun!

    Blessings,

    Liezel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liezel, welcome! I'm glad you stopped in. I must tell you though that the picture of cookies is one I got off the internet. I WISH I could make cookies that beautiful!!! Anyway, I just wanted to say, "Hi!" and welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe! Terri you made me laugh now! Never mind! The pictures are certainly inspiring that's for sure!

    Have a lovely day... or night!

    Liezel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhhhhh...
    I hadn't thought about it yet. I guess I'd better. We'll be needing lots of cookies soon!

    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cookie lists always inspire me, though I dont do as many as you, and many of the names of yours are unfamiliar to this English person!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live