Crafty Things

Things were a little sparse in the crafting department this week. I'm working on table decorations for a friend's anniversary party in two weeks. They are celebrating their 25th anniversary with a vow renewal ceremony and Dan will be officiating. The luncheon will be held at the church immediately following the ceremony.

I was given license to choose whatever colors I thought best and after mulling it over for a few days I finally decided upon cranberry with cream and silver accents. The church will be decorated for Christmas and cranberry will fit right into that color scheme.

So far I've made 40 Danish paper heart baskets. I have approximately another 20 to go. They will be filled with candy for each guest.

Once again, my camera made the colors look a different shade than they really are.

Photobucket

I also made up some invitations to a ladies Christmas tea in December.

Photobucket

I cropped the bottoms as I didn't really want my phone number plastered all over the web! ;-)

That's it for this week. I haven't touched the sewing machine once.

What have you been crafting?

Comments

  1. Hello Terri.. I wonder at the amount of work that are going into those lovely baskets... They are so sweet.. I wouldn't have time to touch the sewing machine, either..
    I have not accomplished much but I did make some Winter Potpourri to give away..
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri - I would love to offer hospitality to people at church & wonder when you do these teas what kind of things do you do and do you have prayer time etc and what sort of entertainment/refreshments ? And do you do something in them to raise money for a charity etc.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, it must have taken you hours to do those pretty baskets. They will be much appreciated I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I have been thinking we should do a Christmas tea for the ladies at our Church but I didn't want to do all of that work. Having everyone bring a dessert sounds like a good idea.

    As for me....no crafting this week but last week I hosted a baby shower/luncheon for 36 women at our Church. Believe me the creative juices were flowing around our house. And it all turned out beautifully.

    Thanks for sharing. You are awesome.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, this is the firet tea I've done though I do generally host some sort of ladies event (lunch, brunch, etc.) every couple of months. It's always potluck style; everyone brings a dish to share. I do a devotional as part of it. Last week for the ladies brunch, we sang a couple of songs, ate and chatted and then I did the devotional and we chatted some more. Nothing fancy. It's just a time to get together and enjoy each other's company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to ask you what you do besides eat at your ladies' events but I see Lynn beat me to it.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live