Offline

I am writing this from a friend's laptop at the fire station next door. We have been without power for 4 days and now they are predicting it won't be until tomorrow night before it is restored.

We had the worst October snowstorm in recorded history dump 12-22" on the area on Saturday afternoon and night. The kicker was our power stayed on until Sunday morning when the sun came out and all seemed right with the world.

We made it through Sunday and Sunday night with no power but were pretty cold by Monday morning. However, we have been blessed because Nathan is on the fire department and have been camping out here ever since. They have a massive generator so there is heat, hot water and lights. No showers though.

The thing that has kept my sanity is getting to work and cooking for everyone. I make daily trips next door to the house to salvage what food I can and come back to cook all day.

As I type this the smell of brownies and molasses crinkle cookies is in the air. Tonight's meal consists of pork chops with red chili pepper sauce over rice or a stew of kielbasa, cabbage, potatoes and carrots.

Anyway, I did want to check in and let everyone know what happened to me. After blogging almost everyday I know an absence of 5 days is a long time. Hopefully, the power will be restored soon and I can get my life back!

Until then, I am offline!

Comments

  1. How awful for you. I have read about these huge snowfalls, and find it hard to imagine, as we have sunshine here. Hope all will be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you all!! Take care, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Debbie,
    I'm praying that it wont be long until your world will be back together! What a blessing it is to have you to cook for everyone.
    I bet you are making an impression for the Lord that you would never have been able to make under other circumstances. God Bless you as you serve Him!!
    Blessings, Donna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live