A Time to Be Still

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10a

Be still.

I thrive on keeping busy. I am extremely active. I'm usually moving from one project to the next without much breathing space. My thoughts are always racing, planning, and thinking ahead. Being still is difficult for me.

However, this week is a week where I need to be still. Still to hear from God. Being quiet to rest my mind and body. Solitude to listen.

Know that I am God.

We look for God in the activity. In the bigness of life. In the miracles. More often, however, God is in the stillness. In the quietness. In the silence.

Turning down the shouting of my thoughts and activities is not something I'm accustomed to. Yet, this week that is my plan. I want to talk less and listen more. To stay home and quiet my mind and body.

To just be still...

And know that He is God.


I am thankful this week for Blessings #768-780...


♥ Pumpkin pie, a yearly treat.

♥ Flowers from a friend.

Photobucket

♥ A family who helped me tremendously by pitching in to decorate the church and house. I never could have gotten it all done without them.

♥ Emily had a high fever on Wednesday night, but it was gone by Thanksgiving day.

♥ Being able to tell each guest at our Thanksgiving table why we are thankful for them in a note on their place card.

Photobucket

♥ A beautiful, and much larger dining room table and chairs given to us by a friend in exchange for our old one. Our old table fit 6 comfortably. This one fits 12 comfortably. A huge blessing to us as we entertain a lot.

♥ Being able to bless a friend by doing the decorations for her 25th wedding anniversary celebration.

Photobucket

♥ Dan officiated at the renewal of their vows and it was such an honor to be part of this wonderful day.

Photobucket

♥ A wonderful and unexpected afternoon out with Dan.

♥ Thanksgiving leftovers.

♥ Snuggling up to watch a movie.

Photobucket

♥ Gorgeous, warm weather!

and finally...

♥ A week to be still.

Comments

  1. hi neighbor...yes..those times to be still are so important...I love your table settings...
    Blessings as you are still...hearing the One voice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post Terri, and your blog decorations are so festive and pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping over from Ann's "Multitudes on Monday." What a lovely list -- and I love the idea of writing those personal notes on the table place settings! That could be done at any event, really, so thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.