2012 Goals

It's that time of the year again when most people set resolutions or goals. I prefer the word, goals because it gives me something to work towards without it being an all or nothing deal. I basically come up with goals based on different priorities and categories I have in my life.

Here are my goals for 2012.

Spiritual Goals
► Make time each morning for reading my Bible and spending time in prayer. In order to do this, I'm going to keep the computer off until this is done each day.
► Keep a journal of how God is providing for us so I don't forget.

Marriage Relationship
► Work on saying 2-3 positive things to my husband each day.
► Have a date night 2 times per month.

Health & Nutrition
► Lose 20 lbs. this year. I really must work on this as I haven't been feeling great lately and I know it's because I'm carrying around extra weight.
► Have an intentional exercise time at least 3 times per week.

Household Organization
► Make cards for 6 months at a time (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.)
► Keep food and household budget to $125 per week.
► Improve garden soil so it will produce better.
► Complete 1 major craft or sewing project per month.

Ministry
► Invite at least 2 people/families over per month.

Personal
► Complete one writing project this year. I have a couple of things in the works and I would like to finish one of them this year.

I feel like these goals are doable and I think I'll review them ever couple of months or so to make sure I'm on track.

Comments

  1. Great post Terri - can't wait to hear more.
    I hate resolutions and say I have "plans" instead!!
    Mine are to follow a Read The Bible in A Year plan - hopefully inspiring some in my church to do it with me - I'd like the company,
    Starting a Christmas charity boxes crafting group at church and continuing with my other voluntary work - hopefully that will grow. I have a new writing plan too.
    Happy New Year Terri.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the word goals too. I haven't given it too much thought yet...time just seems to be flying by too fast! :)

    Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year...God Bless!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good goals Terri. I can't believe it's been a year since reading about your goals for 2011! Where on earth has the time gone?? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Terri. I am working on my goals for 2012 this next week.
    Happy New Years.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are good goals to have Terri. I know that you will be successful at them especially if you keep the goal of visiting the list from time to time.

    You are a real inspiration to the ladies of your church and those who read your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live