Crafty Things

I can tell Christmas is coming by the amount of mess in my craft room! I've been busy as a bee making cards, ornaments and starting several sewing projects.

Here are some things I've done this week:

Tree ornaments, waiting for the loop of string so they can be hung on the Chrismtas tree.

Photobucket

Christmas cards.

Photobucket

For many years we have done a Jesse Tree to celebrate advent. However, now that the kids are older, it just wasn't appropriate for them. Young adult men just don't get the same thrill out of placing cute little ornaments on a tabletop tree. ;-)

So this year I came up with something different. I put together a candle centerpiece. Each night from December 1-25, we light a candle and read a passage of scripture and talk about the characteristics of Jesus from that passage. So far, it's been great.

Here is the centerpiece.

Photobucket

Even Emily has gotten into the swing of things and her sewing machine has been going too.

Photobucket

What have you been crafting?

Comments

  1. I thought I'd been busy today, but you put me to shame!
    Your decorations are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No crafting here.....just trying to get all of the decorations up. We went to see "The Nutcracker" today and then had lots of little girls back to our house for supper and Christmas songs.

    I wanted to do an Advent Wreath but never got it done.

    I love seeing what is going on at your house.

    Have a blessed Sunday. Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live