Meet Molly

Emily and I went yesterday to pick out her new dwarf bunny. A friend from church breeds them and graciously offered to let Emily have one.

Emily slept in until 11 a.m. yesterday morning. I was just getting ready to go wake her up because we had to leave in 25 minutes when she came down the stairs. She told me that her plan worked. When I asked what she was talking about, she told me that she had forced her eyes to stay open until about 2 a.m. so that she would sleep late and when she got up it would be time to leave! LOL This girl is too funny at times.

Anyway, off we went and she picked out the one she liked. Dwarf Hotot rabbits are generally pure white with just a little black ring around each eye.

Meet Molly.

Photobucket

I was a little concerned about Emily's allergies but it's hard to keep saying no to her because she is crazy about animals and they seem to love her too. So I gave her some allergy medicine before we went to see if we could ease her into it.

So far she's been fine and hasn't been sneezing, wheezing or anything. Hopefully it will stay that way. In fact, I held the rabbit for a while this morning and *I'm* the one that seems to be congested!

She held Molly a lot yesterday. Because our friend had a baby around the same time the rabbits were born, she didn't get a chance to handle them much. So Molly is a bit skittish. However, once you get a hold of her she calms right down and snuggles in to your arm. She seems to have a very sweet personality and isn't nipping at all.

This is how Emily was much of the day yesterday. I looked over and she was reading a book and holding onto her new friend.

Photobucket

She is thrilled with her gift which makes me happy!

Comments

  1. Molly is so cute! I'm sure she and Emily will become best friends! A very nice Christmas present for her.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name Molly. They will have so much fun with each other. Have a great day.

    Love, Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly is adorable! My daughter Amy has a little black rabbit named Willie. She has had him for several years now. On Christmas morning she gave him a special breakfast and his own stocking filled with goodies! Hope Emily has lots of fun with her new friend!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, first, Merry Christmas!
    Second...it might be your Christmas tree that's making you sneeze, not the bunny. Molly is adorable. I also have allergies, but have several animals (as you know from reading my blog). I truly believe it's possible to 'acclimate' to your own animals. I never feel sneezey around mine. Besides, there's so many other allergens out there that you could never have a pet or a plant in your house and still feel oogy.

    So...stop worrying and enjoy the bunny-bun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, it's a fake tree and we've had it for years. I'm pretty sure it's Miss Bunny. I'll deal with it and hopefully get acclimated soon. We left for the day and I was fine after a while. Came back and petted her for a minute and my nose is all clogged up again. The funny thing is that Emily has severe allergies to most everything, including pet dander and she's doing fine with it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet Emily is thrilled to have Molly! We had to give our rabbits away because we just didn't have the time for them anymore. They both went to good homes though.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.