Wonderful Christmas!

What a wonderful Christmas this was! I think it was one of the most peaceful (and I don't mean relaxed LOL) ones I've ever had. When I say peaceful, I mean feeling full of internal peace in the midst of a very busy weekend.

I'm not known for being calm and collected. I recognize that I can be high strung at times and I've been praying that the Lord would help me to work on being peaceful in the midst of chaos.

It was really so nice to just enjoy each moment.

► From the candles of our centerpiece.

Photobucket

► Taking the traditional Christmas picture.

Photobucket

► And having children that didn't want to cooperate and be serious.

Photobucket

Photobucket

They were cracking themselves up!

Photobucket

► Hearing Emily and her friend sing.

Photobucket

► The candlelight service at church.

Photobucket

► Hearing my husband preach.

Photobucket

► Homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

Photobucket

► Opening gifts.

Photobucket

► A scavenger hunt for my daughter. Yes, that huge, beautifully wrapped box only contained an envelope with her first clue.

Photobucket

It then led her to get dressed and go outside and find clues in various places.

Photobucket

Then inside the church.

Photobucket

And she looked high and low for all sorts of different clues. Some involved clues that our church family had too. She had to look for the person wearing a bow and another wearing a bell.

The best was when she got the clue that said:

Now you must stop and sit for a spell.
At the end of the service, look for the person wearing a bell!

The audible groan she let out cracked everyone up. I think it was more fun for the adults than her!

Photobucket

Finally, finding her gift! Well, most of it.

Photobucket

The last clue inside the cage read:

Don't throw a fit! Don't get upset!
Tomorrow you get to go pick up your new pet!

She is going to get her new dwarf bunny today. She was so happy and had fun in the process!

► Worshiping with our church members on Christmas day.

► Good friends!

Photobucket

► Christmas dinner with a friend from church who had no place to go and being able to bless him with gifts too.

Like I said, it was a wonderful day! :-)

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! What fun Emily had with you making her search for her gift! We had a lovely Christmas too.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy day after, Terri! It sounds like a wonderful week-end for you all. The kids and Dan all look so good dressed up. I love Emily in the blue dress....noticed even her nails were painted blue. She is adorable. Can't wait to hear about the bunny.

    Our CHRISTmas was good. We always have my mom and a couple from our Church (who have no where to go) here for dinner. So, it is really a nice, quiet day for us.

    Love, Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.