Crafty Things

I started off January on the right foot and got two projects done this week.

The first is a scarf. Emily's friend came to church one day wearing a scarf that looked just like a paper chain. It was the neatest thing. So I counted the stitches in it and did my best to duplicate it.

It came out so cute. Emily wore it to school and she said she put it on her desk in the library and walked away. When she came back 4 teachers were exclaiming over it. LOL

Photobucket

The second was a shirt for my father-in-law's birthday which is next Friday. I bought enough material when I made one of Dan's shirts, to make one for his dad too.

Here is the finished project. I was so pleased with it because there was not one mistake on this one!

Photobucket

I also nearly finished the top of a table runner and will show that next week. What are you working on?

Comments

  1. I love the scarf Terri, you do such nice things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your projects and I am looking forward to seeing the finished table runner.

    How many chains did you start you little loops for the scarf with (hope you know what I mean)? I think I could make one if I had instructions.

    I am working......slowly......on crocheting an afghan for my 12 year old grandson. He asked me in Sept. to make him one. You are inspiring me to get it done and make one young man very happy.

    Love you, Terri!

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chained 10 and then double crocheted in the 4th chain from the hook and then in each chain across. You end up with 8 double crochets. Chain 3, turn and then double crochet across. (repeat until you have 15 rows). Chain 1, turn and join with the end by single crocheting across. I hope that helps, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great crafting week for you! I finished two circle potholders yesterday.

    Have a blessed weekend,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I never saw a scarf like that...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you for the great instructions, Terri. I might attempt to make one soon.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great scarf and looks good on Emily! She has a very talented Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live