Friday, February 10, 2012

Crafty Things & Etsy Question

I was able to do quite a bit of sewing this week which always makes me happy! I'm continuing to plug away at building up a stock of items for my Etsy shop as well as for two upcoming craft fairs I'm participating in.

I do have a question about Etsy. It's a little discouraging for me. I've had over 200 views but not one item has sold which makes me start to doubt myself. Some questions I start asking is "Am I overcharging?" "Is the quality not that good?" "Am I not advertising well?"

As far as the overcharging goes, if material for an apron costs me anywhere from $7-$10 and I'm charging $20-$25 per adult apron, depending on the type, I'm hardly making anything if you could the time it takes to make the item. So I'm not sure how much lower I can go. Are any of you having luck selling anything over there?

Some of the problem I can see with Etsy is that I know that I wouldn't pay what many people charge for things when I can make it myself. So I'm not sure if the majority of users on there are other women who are just as creative!

To be honest, I'm getting ready to just forget the whole thing and just go back to making gifts for people. It's better for my ego! ;-)

Here are the latest items:

2 children's aprons.
































Two adult aprons.