Friday, February 24, 2012

Crafty Things

One of the things I love most about crafting is being able to create new things with different fabrics. Often I'll put different fabrics together and until I find what I think will look just right. When I'm making a table runner, it often takes a few trials and errors to hit upon just the right combination.

Here are the latest things out of my craft room.

I made a table runner and set of four placemats. It always irritates me how I iron something, take a picture and after I publish it notice a wrinkle I missed! lol

Photobucket

Close-up.

Photobucket

The back is lined with light blue.

Photobucket

I made an apron with the same fabric. The back is lined with the flowered material.

Photobucket

Someone gave me the advice of using a real person as a model for the aprons. I'd love to but Dan & the boys won't do it no matter how much I whine! ;-) Emily is too small. And I'm not taking a picture of my ~COUGH~ lb. body in it! LOL!!! So until I get a mannequin or a different model, I'm stuck with this version of the apron.

Then an online friend asked me to make a custom made table runner for her. Her favorite colors are lavendar and yellow and she wanted the runner to say, "Happy!" After showing her different options, this is what I came up with. It's quilted and I thought it turned out so cute.

Photobucket

Back view.

Photobucket

Well, that's it for this week! What have you been working on?