Crafty Things

One of the things I love most about crafting is being able to create new things with different fabrics. Often I'll put different fabrics together and until I find what I think will look just right. When I'm making a table runner, it often takes a few trials and errors to hit upon just the right combination.

Here are the latest things out of my craft room.

I made a table runner and set of four placemats. It always irritates me how I iron something, take a picture and after I publish it notice a wrinkle I missed! lol

Photobucket

Close-up.

Photobucket

The back is lined with light blue.

Photobucket

I made an apron with the same fabric. The back is lined with the flowered material.

Photobucket

Someone gave me the advice of using a real person as a model for the aprons. I'd love to but Dan & the boys won't do it no matter how much I whine! ;-) Emily is too small. And I'm not taking a picture of my ~COUGH~ lb. body in it! LOL!!! So until I get a mannequin or a different model, I'm stuck with this version of the apron.

Then an online friend asked me to make a custom made table runner for her. Her favorite colors are lavendar and yellow and she wanted the runner to say, "Happy!" After showing her different options, this is what I came up with. It's quilted and I thought it turned out so cute.

Photobucket

Back view.

Photobucket

Well, that's it for this week! What have you been working on?

Comments

  1. I'm always amazed at the volume of craft work you produce, you must be like a whirlwind Terri! Very pretty items, once again. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your items are very nice, Terri. I also agree with Tina, I can't believe the amount of items that you produce in so short a period of time. When do you start...2 AM??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Terri! The special order table runner does say "Happy". It also says spring is just around the corner.

    I have said this many times before but I am going to say it again. I am so happy that you got to stay home this year to do the things you love doing for everyone.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree ~ you always accomplish so much! You are inspiring, Terri! No crafts for me this week ~

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies!

    Debbi, it's funny you said that because a lady in our church last week said that she was glad I was home again this year. She said that I seemed to be happy and back to my "old self." Apparently, I was stressed without knowing it last year! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live