Happy Valentine's Day

Photobucket

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Dan & I usually do the traditional things such as going out to dinner, buying each other gifts and cards and things like that. This year, we rethought things and celebrated the day differently.

Our thoughts on the day were that 1) we like each other and we love each other, 2) we go out quite frequently, 3) we talk all the time about everything. We didn't really feel the need to go all out. Instead, we decided to include our children and have our own little celebration at home.

So I decorated the table and made up a card for each person, telling them what I loved about them. I also made homemade candies and put them in heart shaped boxes.

Photobucket

I made a special dinner. We had butternut squash soup, garlic-rosemary pork tenderloin with roasted potatoes, steamed asparagus and homemade dinner rolls.

Photobucket

For dessert we had chocolate drizzled strawberry & cream pie. The chocolate kind of gobbed on more than drizzled, but it was still good.
Photobucket

It was a nice way to include the whole family and everyone certainly enjoyed the meal!

Photobucket

My friend, Kate is hosting a Loving our Children Tuesday so I decided to join in by devoting a post on Tuesday to ways to love our children. I thought this fit in with it so I'm editing it to add the link up to her blog, Teaching What is Good. I've known Kate for almost 10 years and she is very full of Godly wisdom!

Comments

  1. What a lovely way to celebrate your love, by including your little love-creations (the kids!) :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, this is a LOVELY way to celebrate Valentine's Day -- thanks for sharing this, my dear sweet friend!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live