Puzzle Pieces

I love jigsaw puzzles and every now and then I'll pull one out and work on it.  However, they can be difficult to do.  It often takes me days of a little bit here and there to finally get it all together.  I have to keep turning the pieces to see if they fit and sometimes, things will look like go together but are off just the tiniest bit.

My children's lives are like a jigsaw puzzle and no matter how I try I can't seem to see the pieces fit together.
Photobucket

Jeremiah 29:11 ~

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord. “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.”
I have always loved this verse in Jeremiah and it’s one I have clung to through the years when I’m going through a rough time.  But somehow I forget that this verse applies to my children as well.  I’m a naturally anxious person and forget that God loves my children even more than I do and he has their future in His hands! 

I’ve seen this verse in action lately with all three of my children.  I’ve wasted so many days in needless worry when all along the Lord had it under control.  I’m learning to let go and let the Lord work things out in His timing, not an easy task for this natural born worrier!

I’m seeing Nathan blossom and mature and carry himself quite well in situations that years ago he never would have wanted to be in.  I see him talk easily and naturally with many adults and he is even starting to be at ease with his peers if he knows them well.  The best was hearing that he danced the night away at the recent fireman’s annual dinner!

Stephen was not able to find a job anywhere but an acquaintance mentioned her husband may need help.  It turns out he is a construction manager and because Stephen has a good work ethic, he hired him for after schools for a few hours and on Saturdays and during the holidays.  The cool thing is that Stephen is planning on going to college for architecture and is able to learn all aspects of a construction job.

Emily loves all things animal and the outdoors.  The Lord keeps bringing things into her life that are steering her down that path for her future.  She was also accepted into an accelerated art program for next year and that is something I never would have expected.

It’s wonderful to see the puzzle pieces come together.  There have been times when I take those pieces and try to force them together and they just won’t fit.  Yet when I allow the Lord to take the pieces and twist and turn them the way He desires, the pieces start slipping into place.  And just like it takes me a long time to get those pieces of the puzzle together so I can finally see the picture, I can't expect to see the picture of my children's lives right away.

God is turning the puzzle of my children’s life into a beautiful picture that I never would have been able to put together on my own.

Photobucket

God has a plan and it is good!

Comments

  1. Very inspiring Terri, thank you, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very encouraging post, Terri, and a wonderful reminder of God's sovereign work in our children's lives as well as ours! Thanks so much for linking on Loving Our Children link-up! Love you, sweetie!! (great pic of the kids, by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your final analysis is correct, Terri. God does have a plan for your children's life and His plan is not only good but it is the best plan for them since He created them and knows them through and through.

    We just need to trust and do our part in teaching our children to trust God as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, You know what I always say, "God is good".....all the time.

    Your children are so very blessed to have you and God on their side.

    Love, Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.