Haste Makes Waste in Decision-Making
Those of you who are methodical and think things through before acting or responding probably don't have to reflect on the saying, "haste makes waste" too much. But for some it's a hard lesson to learn, especially if you are a quick decision maker. I did look up where the saying came from and it was first recorded in the apocryphal Book of Wisdom around 190 BCE. It says, “There is one that toileth and laboureth, and maketh haste, and is so much the more behind.” Over time it was shortened to the quip we know today. For myself, it's a lesson I've had to learn. I've spent countless hours throughout the years having to go back and redo something or find solutions to problems brought about by being too hasty in my actions or response in agreeing to do something another wants me to do. To be honest, that later problem is more of what I have struggled with in my life. I have difficulty saying no to people so tend to get caught up in their enthusiasm and agree...
Terri, I enjoyed looking at your photos. You are a great photographer, writer, wife mother, friend, encourager, etc. etc. I could go on and on and then I wonder is there anything you aren't good at? I do know you strive to do the best at all you do. Such a good example to all who know you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
Love, Debbi
Thank you for that sweet encouragement, Debbi!
ReplyDeleteLoved the pictures, Terri. It always amazes me what great bird pictures you get. You are getting to be a good photographer. Cute pictures of Emily, too!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos...I love the one of the birds flying over the water. Wonderful sunshine in the photos...the rain is pouring down hard here in the Northwest!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
~Nadine
Yes! Nadine is right! It is pouring down rain here in the Pacific NW. I hope God remembered His promise to Noah. HE! HE! HE! The rain and the wind feel like they are never going to go away.
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better, Terri.
Love, Debbi