Haste Makes Waste in Decision-Making
Those of you who are methodical and think things through before acting or responding probably don't have to reflect on the saying, "haste makes waste" too much. But for some it's a hard lesson to learn, especially if you are a quick decision maker. I did look up where the saying came from and it was first recorded in the apocryphal Book of Wisdom around 190 BCE. It says, “There is one that toileth and laboureth, and maketh haste, and is so much the more behind.” Over time it was shortened to the quip we know today. For myself, it's a lesson I've had to learn. I've spent countless hours throughout the years having to go back and redo something or find solutions to problems brought about by being too hasty in my actions or response in agreeing to do something another wants me to do. To be honest, that later problem is more of what I have struggled with in my life. I have difficulty saying no to people so tend to get caught up in their enthusiasm and agree...
Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLovely. Thank you for sharing. The song didn't remain wordless, though, as I found myself singing along.
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful gifts you have.. how blessed you are :)
ReplyDeleteThat is beautiful - I didn't know it, Terri.
ReplyDeleteAnd so are your photos.
xx H
So glad we can come together to share our thankfulnesd
ReplyDeleteI love it when you set your pictures within the lines of some beautiful poetry. Awesome!
ReplyDeleteTax refunds ... and good friends, exactly.
ReplyDeleteSplashing around in God's goodness today ... Had to stop by and wade in this glorious place. Hope you don't mind if I stay a bit and let joy soak deep down.
Splashin'
Sarah
http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/