Song of the Soul

Song of the Soul by Khalil Gibran

In the depth of my soul there is
A wordless song - a song that lives
In the seed of my heart.
It refuses to melt with ink on
Parchment; it engulfs my affection
In a transparent cloak and flows,
But not upon my lips.

Photobucket

How can I sigh it? I fear it may
Mingle with earthly ether;
To whom shall I sing it? It dwells
In the house of my soul, in fear of
Harsh ears.

Photobucket

When I look into my inner eyes
I see the shadow of its shadow;
When I touch my fingertips
I feel its vibrations.

Photobucket

The deeds of my hands heed its
Presence as a lake must reflect
The glittering stars; my tears
Reveal it, as bright drops of dew
Reveal the secret of a withering rose.

Photobucket

It is a song composed by contemplation,
And published by silence,
And shunned by clamor,
And folded by truth,
And repeated by dreams,
And understood by love,
And hidden by awakening,
And sung by the soul.

Photobucket

It is the song of love;
What Cain or Esau could sing it?

It is more fragrant than jasmine;
What voice could enslave it?

It is heartbound, as a virgin's secret;
What string could quiver it?

Photobucket

Who dares unite the roar of the sea
And the singing of the nightingale?
Who dares compare the shrieking tempest
To the sigh of an infant?
Who dares speak aloud the words
Intended for the heart to speak?
What human dares sing in voice
The song of God?

Photobucket


This week I'm thankful for blessings #954-965.

♥ Tea outdoors in the warm sunshine.

♥ Sweet smelling flowers.

Photobucket


♥ Tax refunds.
♥ Good friends.

Photobucket

♥ A day of rest.
♥ Signs of Spring.

Photobucket

♥ A weekend away for my son.
♥ Blossoms.

Photobucket

♥ Hope.
♥ Sweet babies.

Photobucket

♥ A foot that is healing.

and finally...

♥ A wordless song.

Photobucket

 
1527

Comments

  1. Lovely. Thank you for sharing. The song didn't remain wordless, though, as I found myself singing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful gifts you have.. how blessed you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful - I didn't know it, Terri.
    And so are your photos.
    xx H

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad we can come together to share our thankfulnesd

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when you set your pictures within the lines of some beautiful poetry. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tax refunds ... and good friends, exactly.

    Splashing around in God's goodness today ... Had to stop by and wade in this glorious place. Hope you don't mind if I stay a bit and let joy soak deep down.

    Splashin'
    Sarah

    http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.