A Spot in My Heart

Every other Wednesday night, I lead a program at our church called, 3D Girls.  This is for girls, ages 6-12 where they come and we focus on 3 D's - digging into God's Word, creative disciplines (cooking & crafting), and drama & music.  This year is our smallest group ever, as the other girls have all aged out and are in youth group.

Photobucket

There are times when I get tired and discouraged and feel like my time with this program is over.  Yet, I love these girls.  The group this year have particularly difficult things going on at home. They also have a much harder time staying focused on anything so we have to keep things moving fairly quickly with LOTS of activity.  It's been neat to see the transformation that has been happening over the year though.

Photobucket

I love when I hear things like, "This is the best thing in my life."  "I love 3D Girls."  "I can't wait to come!"   They are already asking about next year.

Photobucket

How can I stop doing something that is so important?  For some of the girls this is the first time they are hearing anything about God.  This is the first time they have even opened a Bible.  This is the first time that someone is actually teaching them to do something like cook. 

Photobucket

So my 2 helpers and I will keep on working with them.  They've definitely won a spot in our hearts!  We only have 4 more times to meet before the closing program and we break for the summer.  I'm going to miss them!

Comments

  1. You always do so many wonderful things for other people, Terri. God bless you for all you do.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, You are making such a difference in the lives of these girls. Making great memories for them. Keep up the good work.....and enjoy your summer break. It is always good to take time off from things like this to get refreshed and renewed.

    Love you, Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful program...you are a blessing to those girls!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear that you will not stop this program. This is exactly what these girls need especially if there are problems in their homes. This gives them a little bit of stability, gives them a skill that they can learn and also, it does give them God's word to mull over. You will never know just what kind of impact this will have in their lives. Keep up the good work, Terri and your helpers. You are sowing God's seeds and he will give the harvest in his time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work, Terri.. You are such a lovely person.. I tried to comment on your bread post this morning but blogger would not let me.. I love Edgar Guest and the poem was sweet..
    God bless..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faye. I actually took the bread post down because I spent all morning and part of the afternoon making 13 loaves of bread. I got an email this afternoon saying they postponed the market until next Saturday because of the inclement weather we are supposed to have tomorrow. My post didn't make sense in light of that fact! 13 loaves went into my freezer for us. :-(

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live