Holy Ground


Untitled


“Do not come any closer,” God said to Moses. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.” Exodus 3:5

There have been very few times when I have felt this way.  Saturday afternoon was one of those times.  As I had to drive back home from a ladies retreat, I was exhausted and worried.  Worried about how I was going to stay awake for the 250+ miles home.   I had also been very anxious lately.   My stomach had been churning for days and I had this headache that just wouldn't go away.

As I was driving down the highway, trying my best to stay awake with 3 hours still to go, I felt the pressing urge to pray.  So I did.  For 2 straight hours.  Aloud with tears streaming down my face.

And it was cleansing.

God was there.  I felt his presence.  I felt my anxiety slipping away.  I felt my tiredness melt away.  It was a strange experience, but it was good.  Very good.

I came back feeling refreshed.  And it is funny because our retreat each spring is called Spring Refresh.  I wasn't refreshed because of the retreat.

I was refreshed because for 2 hours in my car I was on holy ground.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #1,001-1,015.

♥ A wonderful retreat away with 300 women.

♥ Catching up with old friends.

♥ A mama sitting on her nest.

Untitled

♥ Beautiful worship.

♥ Praying aloud, alone in a car for 200 miles.

♥ Plants ready to go in the ground.

Untitled

♥ Teaching children.

♥ Lilacs beginning to bloom.

Untitled

♥ Coffee with my husband.

♥ Stretching out in my own bed.

♥ Silliness.

Untitled

♥ Peace.

♥ Making it through a tough financial week.

♥ Praying for my daughter each night.

and finally...

♥ Standing on Holy Ground.

Comments

  1. So nice seeing you this weekend. May our Lord Jesus continue to give you rest as you trust in Him.

    Love and prayers,
    Elaine W. Miller
    www.SplashesofSerenity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good seeing you too, Elaine. I'm glad your book is doing so well. It's a good one!

      Delete
  2. Amen. Thank you, God, for ministering to Terri. You have done this same thing for me too--these hours of cleansing communion and pouring out. How we love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. I think that often God wants to minister to us but we just need to stop and let him do it!

      Delete
  3. Terri, I am so happy that you came home feeling refreshed and renewed. I hope the "peace" will continue for you all week long. God is good!

    Love,
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. The warm fireplaceApril 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM

    Glad you feel refreshed from your retreat, i went on one once to a community was a wonderful experience, wow what a drive home the lord at work in your life.
    God bless sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we need those times away from time to time, Sue. Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful list. I have been working on turning my worrying into worshipping lately. I think it is a very needed, and at least by me, neglected skill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it difficult to do that quite often, Court. However, it's something I'm striving to do. I figure practice makes perfect. ;-)

      Delete
  6. I'm so encouraged with the fact that God kept you safe on the road when you were especially tired and worried. Encouraged that he met you on that lonely drive and administered to your heart. It is those times, when God reaches down and touches our hearts that renews our faith and gives us something to cling to in times of trouble for surely on this earth, we will have trouble.

    There is no better feeling than those times alone with God when He reveals himself to us and makes us wonder why we neglect those times alone with Him so frequently.

    As a Mom, I rejoice in the fact that you are walking so close to him for that is all I want for my children.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live