Happy Birthday, Nathan!

Photobucket

Twenty-one years ago my heart melted and my life changed.  The moment the doctor laid Nathan in my arms, I knew things would be different.  I looked into those piercing blue eyes and felt an overwhelming love for him.

Today, my oldest turns twenty-one years old.  It's been 21 years of depending on God every single day for His plan for Nathan.  I'm in awe of how the Lord is working in the midst of and through Nathan's disabilities and turning them into possibilities.

I'm so proud of who he is becoming and the fine young man he is turning into.  His life is not easy and has many challenges, yet every time he is knocked down, he gets back up with that smile of his and keeps moving forward.  He has such an upbeat, positive attitude and even though things are hard for him, he always seems to be able to see the bright side of things.

I'm excited to see what God has in store for him.  As Nathan once told me, "God must have big plans for me since He has trusted me with so many things to deal with."

Happy Birthday, Nathan.  We love you!





Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Nathan :)
    Enjoy your day all.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 21st birthday, Nathan! You are a wonderful, handsome man whom God loves and you have a wonderful, loving family and a bright future ahead! I hope you have a great day.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest of birthdays to Nathan. Terri you and Dan are justifiably proud of him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your dear son!! Terri, I am so blessed to see how his life has developed and how much he dearly loves the Lord! God is so faithful, that's for SURE!! Thanks for linking up, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Nathan! Now that you are an adult in every State of the Union, I hope this is the beginning of a great 'grownup' life for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Nathan.

    You are amazing. I loved it that your mom shared your faith in God,,,,,,,knowing that he made you very "special" for a reason. Keep up the good fight. You are not letting Him down.

    Love you,
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Nathan! Grandpa and I are so very proud of the wonderful young man that you have become. We are also so proud of the way that you have trusted the Lord in your life and that you are serving him through being a Fireman and maybe someday as a chef as well. Keep being the wonderful young man that you are and keep trusting God, He will be faithful to give you the life that He wants you to have!

    We trust that your day will be blessed in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Nathan!

    My oldest daughter just turned 20...they grow up so quickly! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a very smart young man he is.
    Happy Birthday Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are having a really special day Nathan. You look great in your uniform! Your Mom and Dad must be so proud of you.
    All the best to you Terri,
    xxx Hazelnut/ Alex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday Nathan! You have a wonderful, faith-filled attitude and God has great plans for you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. My eldest son lives with similar challenges. He just turned 17 in February. He gave his heart to the Lord 6 years ago after a time in the hospital. I pray for him to become a godly man as your Nathan.
    Nathan looks like he's learned to be comfortable with who he is. "God must have big plans for me since He has trusted me with so many things to deal with"; I love that, I would like to pass it on to Wesley (my son).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, please do pass that on to your son. I have to remind myself of that from time to time! :-) Thank you for your kind comments.

      Delete
  13. Thank you for the sweet comments ladies! I've passed your birthday wishes on to him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.