Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy Birthday, Nathan!

Photobucket

Twenty-one years ago my heart melted and my life changed.  The moment the doctor laid Nathan in my arms, I knew things would be different.  I looked into those piercing blue eyes and felt an overwhelming love for him.

Today, my oldest turns twenty-one years old.  It's been 21 years of depending on God every single day for His plan for Nathan.  I'm in awe of how the Lord is working in the midst of and through Nathan's disabilities and turning them into possibilities.

I'm so proud of who he is becoming and the fine young man he is turning into.  His life is not easy and has many challenges, yet every time he is knocked down, he gets back up with that smile of his and keeps moving forward.  He has such an upbeat, positive attitude and even though things are hard for him, he always seems to be able to see the bright side of things.

I'm excited to see what God has in store for him.  As Nathan once told me, "God must have big plans for me since He has trusted me with so many things to deal with."

Happy Birthday, Nathan.  We love you!