Just One Person

Today I received a very special gift and it came at just the time I needed it.  This morning was Youth Sunday and also the closing program for my 3D Girls' Club.  The entire service was led by the youth from the prelude to the sermon.  My son, Stephen preached and he did such a good job!  He's definitely a natural at public speaking.

I struggle at times with feeling like what in the world are we doing here?  It feels like no one is growing, no one is coming and no one cares one way or the other.  So I can start to feel frustrated and wonder if it's time to throw in the towel.  

And I honestly try not to let my mind go down this road too much because it's hard to get back up out of THAT pit!

So back to the gift....at the close of the service today, the girls came up to me and handed me this plaque as a gift.  My two adult helpers had a hand in it too.

This is what it said....

The Starfish Story

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed
a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean. 
Approaching the boy, he asked, "What are you doing?"
The youth replied, "Throwing starfish back into the ocean." The surf is up and the tide is going out.  If I don't throw them back, they'll die.
"Son," the man said, "Don't you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? ""You can't make a difference!"

After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf.  Then, smiling at the man, he said,
 
"I made a difference for that one."

Then at the bottom they said, "Thank You" and signed their names.  I didn't really pay attention to it until I got home and read it slowly and then it hit me.  Even if just ONE person is being changed and helped by our ministry here then it's worth it.  I've gotten so focused on the ones who don't want to grow that I forget about the ones that *are* growing closer to the Lord.

I also realized that I've gotten away from the thank yous to God and gotten back into complaint mode, oh so quickly.  So today I'm back to counting my blessings.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #1,016-1,030.

♥ Being able to sell some things to bring in a few dollars.

♥ Flowers in my garden.

IMG_6054

♥ A wonderful close to 3D Girls for the summer.

♥ A freshly planted garden.

Untitled

♥ My children who are turning into fine men and women.

♥ Stephen being able to go to the prom.

♥ Having to trust in God for all our needs.

♥ Friends who make me laugh.

♥ Birds chirping in the morning.

♥ Hearing Emily sing a song she wrote.

IMG_6025

♥ Sunshine & warm weather, as well as rain & cool temps - all in the same week.

♥ Hearing Stephen preach.

IMG_6046

♥ My husband who does what is necessary even when it's hard.

♥ Nathan springing back from disappointment very quickly.

and finally....

♥ The one or two where I made a difference.

IMG_6022




Comments

  1. Terri, This such a lovely post. You are an inspiration to me and you have made a difference in my life. I appreciate you sharing your heart.

    Love,
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post, Terri. I'm sure you have made a difference in MANY people's lives. I wish I knew you personally. Keep up the good work.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live