Graduation Weekend






There are those milestones in life that will leave lasting memories for years to come.  This weekend was one of those.

It started on Saturday with Stephen's graduation from high school.  The humidity dropped, the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day for it.

I have to be honest and say that I wasn't enthused about going because of where it was held. The boys were in a small school last year but because we moved had to transfer to a school with 3,000 students.  Stephen's graduating class had 813 in it and the graduation was held in a baseball stadium.  It was going to be long and I honestly didn't think we would be able to see him at all.

We knew he was going to be on the left side of the field but had no idea where he specifically was going to be.  Imagine my surprise and delight when the seats we chose were right on the aisle he proceeded down.  So I got some wonderful shots of him!

I got a picture of him up in the stands before the processional and it was terrific.

IMG_6502

Proceeding in.

IMG_6510

Receiving his diploma.

Untitled

Greeting his guidance counselor.

CopyofIMG_6525

On Sunday, we had a graduation party for both Nathan & Stephen.  I feel badly that Nathan never went through a graduation ceremony due to the strange circumstances he was in, but to be honest, given his disabilities he would have hated it anyway! :-)  However, he did love the party.

It was a wonderful day with friends and family.
Untitled


IMG_6535

IMG_6579

IMG_6555

Both boys wanted to give a little speech and they did great!  They were both funny & inspirational.

IMG_6565

IMG_6557

Stephen & Nathan with their diplomas.

IMG_6570


Dan & I are so proud of them both!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. I know it was a great party. I noticed Nathan looking at a scrapbook. Was that one you made for him?

    Love,
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Debbi, one of the ladies on the fire department made it for him.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to you and your son! My kids' high school graduation was worse than their college graduation...probably because I knew I REALLY needed to turn them loose! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice gift for Nathan. What a nice lady!

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. You had ME crying!! I think I'm glad we never did graduation ceremonies (none of the children wanted them, or parties) so it was just a gradual flow from one part of life to another. Less tears for Momma!!

    Congratulations, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very special day, you must be so proud of your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to both the boys. I know you are so proud and you have good reason!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live