Thankfulness

It's so easy to focus on the negative, isn't it?  It's so easy to look at things that the few things that are going wrong and ignore the multitude that is right and good.  I fall into that trap almost every single day.  I feel anxious about the problems and totally ignore the blessings.

And you know what?  That makes the devil happy!  If he can keep our heads down and our thoughts burdened, he has won.  If he can keep us forgetting that the God of the universe is on our side then he has done his job.

Look up!  Look at what God is doing.  Look at the miracles that are around you every single day.  The miracle of waking up each morning and having lungs that draw in breath so you can live another day.  The miracle of the sun coming up and setting each day.  The miracle of a multitude of blessings.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #1,031-1,047.
  
♥  God is working to restore a marriage of a couple we know.
♥ A friend coming and talking about her book and marriage to the ladies in our church.
♥ Encouragement for my husband from another friend.

♥ My son who is living out his dream.
 Untitled 

♥ Provision for Stephen's first year of college.  Because of our income, he was awarded financial aide that covered the entire first year.

♥ The excitement of two boys who are embarking on the next phase of their lives.  As of today, they are officially finished with high school.


♥ God providing through orders for my sewing.
♥ A daughter who is excited about homeschooling.

♥ Crazy birds who make us laugh.
IMG_5801 

♥ A garden that is growing well.
♥ Anticipation of seeing family in a few weeks.

♥ Emily, who is getting her wish to work with animals.
 IMG_6344 

♥ A wonderful worship service.
♥ Praying with my husband each Sunday before anyone gets to church.
♥ A friend who recovered very quickly from back surgery.
♥ Selling at the farmer's market.

and finally....

♥ Being thankful for EVERYTHING! 
 Untitled 


Comments

  1. Thank you Teri for this word of encouragement. I needed it after the downer day I had yesterday. Nothing specific happened, but my own thoughts and heart were condemning me all day long. Between the book I'm reading and your blog this morning, I know I need to get my thought life under control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, That is a wonderful list of blessings. I have noticed that your sewing orders are picking up.....just when you need them to. God is good....all the time.

    Love,
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Holy Experience...love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a sweet list. Praise God for your son getting to live out his dream. I also love your 'crazyhome birds!'

    ReplyDelete
  5. The warm fireplaceJune 11, 2012 at 3:47 PM

    Wonderful post thank you so much. What a super list you have so very glad your son is living out his dream what a super lad he is.
    God bless sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture of your son living out his dream. Such a thrill to see how God leads and guides our children. And that sweet little goat.. my wanna-be-farm boy would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.