Deserted or Carried?


IMG_6677

Hard times....

We all go through them.  We all dread them.  We can either come out the other side of them stronger and closer to God or bitter and angry.

There will be times when we face...
► The death of a loved one.
► Financial hardships.
► The unkindness of friends.
► Marital issues.
or
► Our life doesn't turn out as expected.

Has God forsaken us?  Did He wind up the universe and then sit back and watch what would happen?  Is He indifferent?
Or are there lessons to be learned?  Are the hard times an opportunity to cling to the Lord and His promises?  Is God with us in the midst of the trial?

I've always loved the following story..

Footprints in the Sand 
by 
Carolyn Joyce Carty

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.


When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.


He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."


The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

I choose to believe that He is there with us, holding us up and carrying us through the trial.   He is giving us the strength we need to face even our darkest storm.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #1,061-1,075.

♫ Going back to the mountains where I grew up.
Untitled

♫ Time spent with parents.
Untitled

♫ Safe travels.

♫ Chubby babies.
IMG_6671

♫ Playful kittens.
Untitled

♫ Friends who help out.

♫ Games.
Untitled

♫ Nathan who is doing a much better job of interacting with others.
IMG_6662

♫ An unexpected gift.

♫ Extended family.
IMG_6658

♫ A district office who helps out.

♫ Cousins.
Untitled

♫ A father who takes time to encourage his daughter.
IMG_6646
 
♫ My husband who had to preach a very difficult sermon yesterday and said what he had to say with grace and love.

and finally....

♫ Remembering to say, "Thank you!" for the hard times.

Comments

  1. Hi Terri
    I am convinced that there have been many times when He carried me :)
    A lovely post as usual.
    God bless,
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post. It is really hard to thank HIm for the "hard times". But I know that God is good all the time.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the third thing in two days that's told me God is in control, and has everything planned if we care to listen and follow! I think He's trying to tell me something?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.