I'm Beat!

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for their encouraging comments and emails yesterday.  I really appreciate that!  We are pressing on and trying to stay positive.  It's the only way to manage and stay sane! :-)

Every muscle in my entire body is aching right now because of the project I've worked on all week while Emily is away at camp.  One of her Christmas presents was the promise to paint her room.  Yes, I know it's 7 months late, but it's July so I REALLY meant it to be a Christmas in July present! ;-)

I'm not going to even edit these as I'm too tired so let me apologize now for the giant sized pictures.  She wanted polka dots and while I'm not crazy about the color combo, that is what she wanted and I think it turned out kind of cute.

Before:

Photobucket

Photobucket

After:

Photobucket

For my sanity I only added dots to one wall!

Photobucket

Photobucket

She has a fake window at one end of the room that was part of the old house.  Whoever added the bathroom onto the house left the window in and you could see sheet rock behind the glass.  I tried painting it with stain glass paint but you could still see the brown wood.

So I finally just decided to paint the glass white and then add the lime green polka dots there.  I painted them on free hand so they do need to be touched up a bit.

Photobucket

I do want to paint her desk and dresser white and make the knobs on the drawers lime green, but it's all ready for her when she comes home from camp tomorrow.  I can't wait to see how she likes it!

Comments

  1. Terri, you have worled so hard! I'm sure she will be thrilled with her 'dotty' room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable! I think she'll love it. And I like the fake window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It's cute! I just love polka dots!! I'm sure she'll love it!!
    God bless, Kathy in Ilinois

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow that is sooooooo cute!!!!!!! I love all of it, the curtains, the colors, the fake window...... She will be soooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been BUSY! Great job, Terri ~ I'm sure Emily will be thrilled!

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hoping you would post pics. It looks so fresh and clean. Those polka dots took some time. I love polka dots!

    Do you want to come and do my bedroom now? I have had the paint, bedding and new window treatment here since Feb. but I just can't seem to fine the time to get it done. UGH! Maybe in August????

    I know you are doing marathon baking today. I am cooking for a brunch we are hosting tomorrow after Church. I have been doing lots of entertaining since Thursday and I am "beat" too. Plan to take Monday off!!! Maybe you should do the same. :-)

    xoxoxox
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could get a day off! There is always something to do around here. :-) Monday I tutor but other than that it will be more of a low key day.

      Delete
  7. Great job Terri! She'll be thrilled! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an amazing mother and woman. I love her room. What a treat for her to come home and find this!!!

    I appreciate your God-given talent and the way you use it to make a more beautiful world.

    Hugs,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.