Multitude Monday

Counting....counting...counting.

I keep thinking that at some point I should just stop.  I mean how many things can you actually be thankful for in the midst of struggles?  Isn't it kind of silly to ignore the multitude of problems in front of you to count the smell of grass after the rain?  Surely God doesn't expect me to keep on counting all these little things?  

Or does He?

Hebrews 13:15 says, "Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name."

Sacrifice.  Praising til it hurts.  Praising when you don't feel like it.  Praising when you want to complain.  

The funny thing about praise is that it actually changes your attitude.  Your thoughts.  Your heart.

You can look at the multitude of problems and really, truly see past it and feel thankful for the smell of wet grass.  

Praising puts the problem in the proper perspective.  It becomes God's problem to solve and not mine.  Praise promises peace whereas complaining creates chaos in both your mind and spirit.

So I will continue with...

Counting.

Thanking.

Praising.



This week I'm thankful for blessings #1,086-1,095.

♥ Much needed rain.

♥ The smell of grass after the rain.

♥ Parades.
IMG_6829 

♥ A productive week.

♥ Carnival rides.
Untitled 

♥ Good friends.
IMG_6865

♥  The opportunity to go to camp for a week.
 
♥ Jars filled with colorful sweetness.
Untitled

 ♥ Big belly laughs.

and finally...

♥ Sacrificing praise.

Comments

  1. Amen! "You bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the Lord."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd just go under if I didn't count blessings :)
    Love this post :)
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Great pictures!

    Thanks,
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live