Summer Routine

Summer is here and things are a lot more laid back than they normally are.  Actually, given the fact that the boys are done with high school and I'm going to be homeschooling Emily, I have to figure out what my new normal is going to be starting in September!

In the meantime, I follow the same routine each day.

§ I get up around 5-5:30, depending on my internal clock.

§ I feed the rabbit and the kitten. Her eyes look weird in this photo.  They are actually a beautiful gray color.

Untitled

§ I grab a cup of coffee, my Bible and journal and head to the back deck to spend time with the Lord.

§ I then shower & dress and head outdoors (weather permitting).  I always stop and check on the progress of the baby birds on my porch.  They are getting real feathers and don't look hideously bare anymore.
Untitled

§ I check the "have-a-heart" trap to see if I've caught that pesky woodchuck.  Now that I have the trap there, it won't go near my garden!  One morning I caught a skunk and today I caught a ferocious bunny. ;-)
IMG_6715

§ I feed the roosters.  Okay, doesn't that sound silly?  It always cracks me up that I have to say roosters instead of chickens.  Who else owns 5 roosters and nothing else?  lol

§ I've been spending about 15-20 minutes each morning weeding my garden.  It's looking so good this year!
IMG_6720

Untitled

I'm looking forward to all the vegetables!
IMG_6722

§ Then I come back in and throw in a load of laundry, clean up the kitchen from breakfast and come up with a list for the day.

§ Generally, I try to clean 1-2 rooms per day.

§ I figure out what I want for dinner and what needs to be done for that.

§ The afternoons are spent sewing, taking kids to appointments, Emily to the pool, or finishing up housework.  Two days a week I'm tutoring for an hour in the late afternoon.

§ Then it's dinner, cleanup, and usually Dan & I sit outside and chat for awhile.

§ Then I'll either crochet, watch a movie or read.  Then off to bed around 9:30-10:00.

So that's it!  My boring-to-everyone-else life all laid out for you!  ;-)  I actually love my life and love the slower days of summer.

Comments

  1. No, your everyday life is is not boring. I actually liked to read how your normal day goes. Mine is basically the same- doing normal everyday things that need to be done. We actually love that way of simple living!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your day, it sounds great! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like to see a glimpse of other folks daily lives. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful summer routine. I don't think I have a routine anymore.....since my husband retired.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.