A Day at the Zoo

Untitled

Dan took off from work yesterday and we packed a lunch, picked up two of Emily's friends and headed off to the Bronx Zoo.  It's been such a weird summer with Dan leaving for work at 8-8:30 every day and not getting home until 6:30 or 7:00.  Then the weekends are taken up with the church.  It doesn't make for very good family time.  It's been an adjustment to say the least.

So yesterday was a wonderful time to just relax and enjoy ourselves.  We took Emily's friends two years ago to the same zoo and it was funny how even though they are teenagers, they still wanted to do some of the same things - the carousel, the petting zoo and children's zoo.  I'm glad they are still in that in between stage!

Here are some photos of the day.

IMG_7083

IMG_7146

IMG_7113

IMG_7130

A new section of the zoo was devoted to animals made out of legos.  This was pretty cool and some of the animals took hundreds of hours to put together.

IMG_7096

Emily's expression cracks me up.  She was telling Sarah how when she fed the cow something really disgusting came out of it's mouth! lol

IMG_7116

IMG_7140

We all had a great time and Dan said, "I feel like I've finally had a sabbath!"

IMG_7147

Comments

  1. I like Dan's response. As a pastor, I'm sure he doesn't get many "sabbath rest" days. I'm glad you guys could take advantage of one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are great! I love the one with the 2 elephants...it looks like they are out and walking the path the visitors walk and that they are chatting up a storm!!

    And that lego zebra...AMAZING! So glad you all got to go together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you were able to get away as a family and have "a day of rest!" It looks and sounds like you all had a fun time.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you pain on the "not having much family time" dilemma! We are getting ready to do the very same thing next week and just take a day with the family to do something fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos Terri...love the ones of the girls with the ears! My son would love the lego animals!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the pics! I am so glad you were able to have your family day. In Ministry it can be rough. Praying for more days like this to come for you all. :) I came over from Loving our children Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Emily and her friends are darling. My favorite pics are the one with the girls and their ears and that monkey pic is adorable.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live