A Woman's Prerogative

Untitled

I had one of those moments this morning when I thought that I really didn't want to post this because it's going to make me sound like a total flake!  But then I thought, "It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind!"  Right?

Well, I'm not sure about that but I am having a change of mind about something in my life.

A few weeks ago I had posted that I was not going to do the market anymore because I felt like I wasn't really engaging at church when I had to scoot out early to go twice a month.  However, the day of the market came and went and I felt down.  I also received an email from a fellow vendor saying that she wished I would reconsider.

Dan & I moved to this area ten years ago as church planters.  We immediately got active in the community by tutoring and subbing in the school system, joining various organizations and heading up many outreach activities through our church.  Then we merged our church plant with an established church and had to move to a different town where the parsonage and church building existed.

We had to broaden our horizons and focus on a new community.  I'm on the town park's Community Days Committee, our son is on the fire department, and we are working hard at having outreach programs for this area.  It's been harder because this community is really just very spread out and rural.  There really isn't a town.  Participating in the market was one way that I was able to get to meet new people in the area.

Dan told me that he really thought I should continue.  He is viewing it as a way to meet new people and keep reaching out to our community. I'm certainly not making much money but I am meeting a lot of people and people are getting to know me.

I spoke with the market manager and she has no problem with me coming a bit later so that I don't have to leave church early.  That was my major concern about the whole thing because I felt like I couldn't talk to anyone.  So I am going to be able to focus on church and our people there, yet still be able to go to the market.  Once October hits, it is only once a month for the winter.

I decided to share this here so that if you see posts about the market, you won't be totally confused!  :-)

Comments

  1. I think you are a lovely lady - juggling so much and with such a love for people.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live