Day #4 - Food Challenge

Today is day #4 of my food challenge to use it up, make do and do without until Dan gets paid.  I do see one of the benefits of purchasing meat and other items when they are on sale because we've had pretty good meals because my freezer had stuff in it! 

Months ago I had purchased a huge slab of pork loin when it was on sale for $1.99 per lb. and cut it into 5 different pieces.  We used up the last of it tonight.

Breakfast - cereal.  I definitely need to step it up here but we are all on such different schedules and I never eat a big breakfast and therefore, dislike making it! However, I'm running out of cereal so I may not have a choice soon.

Lunch - leftovers

Dinner - was AWESOME! lol

Butternut squash soup.
Untitled

Garlic & thyme pork loin
IMG_7555

Roasted potatoes & carrots.
IMG_7554

Homemade biscuits.
IMG_7553

So far, so good.  I'm actually enjoying this!  It certainly helps to post it here because it keeps me going.

Comments

  1. You are doing a great job. And if it makes you feel better.....post it for sure.

    Love you,
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live