Day #6 - Food Challenge

Today was day #6 of the food challenge.  I'm happy that I made it through the week.  Dan gets paid tomorrow, but I'm going to keep going another day or two until we have time to go grocery shopping.  Dan did an airport run yesterday and got a few dollars so we did pick up milk, half and half, sugar and some lettuce.  Other than those few things, my goal was to make do and we did!

Everyone fended for themselves for breakfast & lunch.

Dinner was fresh tomato and basil pasta sauce over whole wheat pasta.
IMG_7585

Homemade Italian Bread and salad.
Untitled

IMG_7582

This week was good because the meals were filling and no one felt deprived.  The only thing we were missing was fresh fruit and the veggies were limited because my garden stunk this year! lol  So I'd say it was a success!

Comments

  1. I always like seeing how people make due when they don't have lots of groceries. I did that a week or so ago, not with an official "challenge" but just because I didn't have the money to buy groceries until pay day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done WONDERFUL! Your meals look delicious!

    Great job, Terri!

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a relief to get to the end of the week! You've managed to create some lovely meals Terri. I wonder what we would do without a freezer nowadays? Mine is so useful and most of the time I can find something in there to make a meal from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good. You can come and try the challenge at my house anytime. I'm sure not that creative at meal making.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.