Day One - Food Challenge

I started off my first full day of the food challenge pretty well.  I can already see that I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the kitchen trying to be creative.  The other issue is that everyone is home this week!  Dan finished up his summer program and has a week off (no pay, of course) before he starts the fall program at his agency.  So I have to work hard to come up with three meals a day.

Breakfast - Cereal or homemade granola.

Lunch - Homemade pizza.  Choice of ricotta with roasted garlic, tomatoes & basil or red bell pepper & mushroom.
Untitled

IMG_7508

Dinner - Basil chicken in coconut-curry sauce, rice, homemade biscuits, creamed butternut squash.  Dinner was awesome!
IMG_7517

I'll keep you posted.

Comments

  1. It all looks wonderful, especially the pizza!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, can I come to your house for dinner????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you'll come with lots more great meals! It's kind of fun to make do with what you have, isn't it? The pizza looks amazing!
    BTW, there is a site called "Supercook" where you type in what you have on hand and it gives you lots of recipes you can make. Free, of course! It's really come in handy for those days I don't want to, or shouldn't, go to the grocery!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.