In a Jam

Untitled

Over the past week my canner has lived on top of the stove.  The farmer's market is this coming weekend and I've been making busy making jam all week. 

I've put up 30 half pints of jam & jelly.  I always think that the jam in jars looks so pretty with their different colors.  This week I made:

Blueberry jam
Spiced peach jam
Jalapeno pepper jelly
Lemon balm jelly

The lemon balm is a new undertaking and it's delicious.  Rather than use food coloring, I used a pinch of tumeric to add color.

IMG_7001

I also put up 13 pints of bread & butter pickles.

IMG_7026

Now all I have to do is spend Friday making granola and Saturday baking bread and I'm all set for the market on Sunday afternoon.

I love summer!

Comments

  1. Fantastic Terri! It all looks wonderful, and such pretty jars too! Wishing you every success for the market, I'm sure you'll sell out very quickly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy Terri!
    Sadly hardly anything is ready to be canned in our garden. We had such a cold & damp spring that everything is so far behind. So far, I have only made raspberry jam and dried some apricots that came from Eastern Washington, where it is much warmer!
    Hope everything goes well for the market!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live