Multitude Monday

Untitled
Can someone be joyful in the midst of difficult circumstances?  Is it possible?   Does joy bubble up out of you? Do you find yourself looking at your glass as half empty or half full? Can you find the positive in almost any circumstance or do you tend to dwell on the negative?

When life hands you lemons, how can you make lemonade?
Photobucket

The best definition of joy I've ever heard was "joy is the settled knowledge that God is in control of all things". There is no doubt in your mind. You know that the Lord has things under control and it's up to Him to make a way.

I like to believe I'm joyful, but if the truth were to be told, more often than not I act like God doesn't exist when it comes to difficult circumstances. I pray and tell the Lord that I'm turning something over to Him, but I keep taking it back and dusting it off and turning it over and over in my mind.  


God is not one to pry my fingers off the thing I'm worried about.  He won't force me to turn it over to Him.  He'll sit back and wait until I'm ready.  He is good like that.  But if I would learn to leave the worry in His capable hands, my life would be a lot more peaceful.  I'd get much more sleep.  I wouldn't have knots in my stomach or wrinkles from furrowing my brow.

My challenge to all of us this week is to be joyful "in the midst". To trust God. To be peaceful and calm. To know that the Lord is in control. That's a big task, but not impossible.  

Open your hand and let go of that worry.

Photobucket 

This week I'm thankful for blessings #1,151-1165.

Having my husband home for the coming week.
♥ A son who starts college today.
♥ Tomatoes from a friend.
♥ Making do, using up, and wearing out.
♥ A husband who loves us and provides.
♥ The wonderful smell of onions, garlic and peppers cooking together.
♥ A roof over our head.
♥ A daughter excited about homeschooling.
♥ 42 quilts made for newborn babies.
♥ The giggles of a 3 year old.
♥ Teaching children truths from the Bible.
♥ Naps.
♥ Curling up with a good book.
♥ An unexpected phone call and blessing.

and finally...

♥ Learning joy in the midst.






Comments

  1. Lovely post - have a good week with Dan and good luck to Stephen :)
    I have learnt that there is a lot of stuff I can not sort, much as I might want to. Worrying never did sort any stuff anyway. So I am getting better at leaving it all with the Lord. I think it came about from being poorly and no longer having the energy to worry anymore - lol!
    Love your blog Terri - you are an amazing inspiration to me.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, thank you for your sweet words! There are days when I don't feel like an inspiration to ANYONE but thank you anyway! lol

      Delete
  2. Terri, I was happy to see "naps" and "curling up with a good book" on your list today. WOO HOO

    Truth be told, I am a "glass half empty person". I am such a complainer and worrier. It is hard to let go of that habit when you have been that way your whole life.

    Don't ever think that you are not an inspiration to anyone.....you have been so encouraging to me. I love to visit you every day because I love all that you have to share.

    Love you,
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's when a person has the humility and genuineness of heart to think they are not inspiring that actually they are very inspiringly doing God's work :)
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspirational post, i am just the same pray to God hand over my worries and then promptly take them back!
    Your meals have looked fantastic, it is amazing just what you can make and survive from. I visit your blog and read every post and find them challenging, uplifting and more important someone struggling along like us all with what life has to throw at us, and God working through you reaching out to others.
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind words, Sue. I try to be honest about the things I struggle with because over the years I've read so many blogs that are all warm and fuzzy. I always came away feeling like I was sorely lacking. Yet, I think the reality is that most of us do struggle with these things. I want to point people towards Jesus but also let them see the process it takes to get there sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri, I love you because you are honest and "real".

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live