Breaking the Web




















Any act often repeated soon forms a habit; and habit allowed, steady gains in strength, At first it may be but as a spider's web, easily broken through, but if not resisted it soon binds us with chains of steel. ~ Tryon Edwards

Bad habits.   I don't know anyone who starts out saying, "I think I'll develop a bad habit!"  But before you know it, they can happen.  Habits that aren't necessarily evil but certainly are not beneficial.

They can be habits such as biting nails, tapping your fingers, wasting time, or a host of other things.

I have allowed so many bad habits to develop in my own life and once they get a grip, they are almost impossible to break!  I know that the habits I have can form a death-grip on me at times and I struggle to loosen those chains.

I've developed the bad habit of wasting time online and I'm fighting hard to break it.  One could say that I'm not spending it playing online games (I'm not) nor posting or looking at bad things (I don't) but often I'm just aimlessly reading facebook statuses or clicking around the web when I could be doing a host of worthwhile things here at home.

I'm trying hard to only spend a few minutes here or there to type up a blog post or check my email.  I do a lot of my communication online so I know cold turkey isn't going to work for me, but I am doing my best to limit myself.  I've been setting aside certain times during the day and then setting a time limit.

I'm doing okay but it's hard!  I'm a very social person so facebook is the hardest thing for me because there is a lot of instant feedback so it's like having a face to face conversation with people which I love.  But, I have done pretty good at cutting back.

I certainly don't want to be stuck like a fly in the world wide web! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live