Fifty Fun Facts

Today I thought I'd share Fifty Fun Facts with you about ME!  Since I am 50 years old, it seemed like a good number. :-)

Some of you have been reading my blog for 5 years (WOW!  Can you believe it?) and I'm pretty transparent, but there are some things I don't think I've ever shared.  They are just some silly, fun facts.

1.  I'm 10 credits shy of my master's degree.  Dan & I got married when we were in seminary and we couldn't both afford to go.  Because he was further along in his degree, he finished up.  But by then we had Nathan and that was the end of that!

2. I got married at the age of 26, which was later than most of my friends.

3. I was "Public Relations Director of the Year" for a company I worked for one year.

4. I went cliff climbing in college, and was over a hundred feet up and fell.

5. I HATE spiders!  Petrified of any bigger than a little wispy house spider.

6. I stopped a guy from beating up his girlfriend once.

7. I was stung multiple times by jelly fish.

8. I've dived off a cliff.

9. I was chased by a bull.

10. I sang a solo for my high school baccalaureate.

11. I came in 3rd in a New York State writing contest in 4th grade.

12. I played alto, tenor and baritone saxophone in high school.

13. I've been to Spain on a 6 week missions trip.

14. I took a class called, fine arts in London in college.

15. I was chased by a flying squirrel around a tree when I was 5 or 6.

16. I traveled to Scotland on an overnight train from England.

17. Dan & I appeared and were interviewed on the Geraldo Rivera Show when we were engaged.

18. I put together a video presentation, advertising the seminary I attended.

19. I worked my way through college and seminary by working in the college kitchen, working for a computer consultant and working for a photographer.

20. I went to New York City every Friday night on a gospel team to work with kids on the street.

21. I worked as a director of an adult literacy program, teaching adults how to read.

22. In high school, I had a summer job putting together patches that doctor's use during eye surgery.

23. I lived on a mountain top.

24. I lived in an inner city.

25. I lived in a village.

26. Dan & I had the WORST honeymoon ever!!!  (Too long of a story, but it's funny - NOW).

27. I gave birth to Emily in a birthing center with a midwife.

28. I played soccer, volleyball and softball in high school.

29. I was a cheerleader in high school.

30. I was part of a chorale that traveled to different churches during spring break in college.

31. I've seen the Gaitlin Brothers and Kool and the Gang live in a private concert for a company I worked for.

32. I've ridden horses.

33. When I was about 6 or 7 our dog was hit by my school bus.

34. I was the assistant to the director of an early learning center of 80 children in the inner city.

35. I have fed the homeless.

36. I worked as a secretary for Federal Paper Board.

37. I want to live by water someday.

38. I love every vegetable there is except brussel sprouts - YUCK!

39. My favorite ice cream is black raspberry.

40. My favorite color is yellow.

41. My favorite scent is Obsession by Calvin Klein.

42. I love cats.

43. I have a scar above my eye that makes my one eyebrow kind of funny looking (there's a gap in it).

44. I love to write and communicate better that way.

45. I have a deeper voice - I sing alto and can sing a man's tenor part.

46. I am 5' 6 1/2"

47.I cry at sappy commercials, meaningful songs, sweet moments - okay I cry A LOT!

48.As the assistant director of a preschool, I have taken 80 (2 1/2-5 year old)children to the Bronx Zoo on "free day".  NIGHTMARE!!!!

49. I snore.

50. I bite my fingernails.

There you go!  Now you know even more about me and some things you probably didn't care to know. :-)

Comments

  1. And all this time I thought you were just a sweet, wonderful, talented, and outgoing friend. I didn't realize how outgoing!

    Awesome!
    Lisa M Buske
    http://lisambuske.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun reading your fifty facts Terri! ;)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You,ve done some interesting things Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have lead a very interesting life, Terri. And at age 50 you have many more adventures ahead of you. I will look forward to reading 100 facts when you are 100 years old. LOL.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbi, I just hope that I'm coherent by the time I'm 100!!! LOL

      Delete
  5. I bite my nails also. At the beginning of the year I had ten long, beautiful polished nails that I was proud of, now I have five (three on the left and two on the right). It is a hard habit to break. You lived an amazing and fun filled life thus far; will enjoy reading about your future adventures.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was fun! I think I know you better now Terri, and I was right to think you were taller than me, lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done lots of interesting things! So fun!

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You've had an exciting life and you are still so young!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.