Food Challenge, Take 2

Dan got paid on Friday from the agency he works for and today from the church.  After paying the bills, he informed me that we have $160 to last us two weeks for gas, food and medicine.  Yikes!  Considering it costs about $100 to fill up both cars and we need to get a couple medicines, there isn't going to be any extra for food.So, once again we are on a self-imposed food challenge.

It's a harder this time because we don't have as much in the pantry and freezer.  However, I'm going to push myself to come up with some meals using just what I have in the house.  It makes it fun to post the menus here so I'm going to do just that.


Today's menu was cereal for breakfast, leftovers for lunch and for dinner I made scalloped potatoes, green beans from my garden and pears from a friend's tree last year that I had canned.

I'm going to dig through my freezer and cupboards and see what I can come up with!

Comments

  1. Yum...the potatoes look good!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a delicious, healthy meal and so frugal! It's always hard to think of something different to serve. You will do a great job at this, I'm sure, Terri! Good luck!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same boat for the next two weeks, Terri. Thank you for your inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those potatoes look good! Your menus inspire me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, things are tight around here too, especially with the wedding coming up so quickly. Thankfully, we have some meat, veggies, and fruit in the freezer, so except for milk , we should be good...I hope! ;)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so imaginative, Terri, I'm sure you will find good meals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.