Sharing the Sunset

"If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God.”  
                                                                            ~ G.K. Chesterton

There is so much negativity in this world.  I've been on a self-imposed internet break the past 4 days and it's been really nice.   I've just been briefly checking my email and facebook a bit but not posting myself.   I've been noticeably less stressed.

I like facebook because it's a way to keep up with family and friends that I never see but sometimes it just gets to be too much.   Too much negativity about politics, people, and issues.  Too many people just carrying on about all sorts of issues.  Too many hateful remarks!  I'm not Pollyanna and certainly don't want to hide under a rock but a little positive posting would make a nice read!  Less complaining and criticizing would be wonderful.

Instead of posting I've had a wonderful, peaceful few days.  

Emily and I are working hard at school.  I've canned applesauce.  Cooked some yummy meals.  Made my husband a pie.  Gotten housework done.  Read.  Had great conversations with my husband.  Spent time in prayer for my church family.  Relaxed.

My goal on this blog is to put a bit of sun into each reader's life.  I want people to go away after reading and feel inspired to love God, their husbands and children and neighbors.   

I'd love to put a touch of rosy sunset in peoples' lives!

Comments

  1. You know "you are my sunshine" and my inspiration. Thanks!

    Debbi

    P. S. I am glad to know you are feeling good.....i was a little worried when it was so quiet on your end. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we need time to rest and get away from "life" for a while it is a good idea i do it myself, not to listen to the news and to focus on home, the world we live in bombards us all the time with negative things, but there is alot to be positive, i often stand outside and just look at what a wonderful world the Lord has made, all the things that interconnect to make this a beautiful place to be.
    God bless sue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.