Update on Nathan

Photobucket
I've posted on facebook quite a bit lately, but haven't given any updates here for my blog readers.  Many of you have been praying for Nathan for so long and I want to keep you posted on how the Lord is working here.   He's been trying to find a job all summer long with the help of the agency who works with individuals with disabilities.
It's been a discouraging summer as he has no real work experience, jobs are hard to come by anyway, and his disabilities limit a lot of what he can do.  It got even more discouraging since Stephen started college and I began homeschooling Emily because he has absolutely nothing to do during the day.  I'm a firm believer in the mindset that it's so much better to be productive than aimless!
He received a call the other day from the agency, letting him know that the local grocery store that is 10 minutes from our house (another praise) hired him.  He would be going through orientation today.   I always forget that any sort of new situation is hard for him, so even though he's been wanting a job this is a scary step for him.
However, Nathan got back from his training a little while ago and is so pleased with the job. He told me in the car, "I'm happy!" which is huge coming from him. lol

He was especially excited to find out he will be making $1-$1.50 more per hour than he thought. He's working 18 hours this coming week which is a great start for him. He also thought he was doing maintenance, but it turns out he will be handling stocking shelves and things like that which is up his alley. He can be social as he needs to be with the customers without being thrust into an extremely overwhelming social situation which is a nightmare for him.

Thank you so, so much for your support & prayers!

Comments

  1. That is really great news! Congrats Nathan!

    Coleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Nathan, This is just the beginning of a good experience for him. God bless you, Terri and Nathan, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri, I can't tell you how happy I am for Nathan! My heart swelled when you said he said he was happy. I know God has good things ahead for Nathan. I'm sure he will enjoy his job and feel useful, plus making money! Keep up the encouragement for him. He's lucky to have you and Dan for parents. He's also lucky to have his brother and sister too.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful news Terri! Praying that this will be a great experience for Nathan and your family! God Bless!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this aloud to Wesley (and Haley [she says]). You may remember that W is our "Aspie". I think it's good for him to hear about others who deal with some of the same stuff he has to deal with. He's feeling very empathetic right now. He's proud that Nathan is working at the grocery store. Wesley had a class called "Super Market" last year. It gives the student some "on the job" experience. It's actually a real store that students use.
    Now I've got to go Wesley's anxious to use the laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Nathan and what an answer to prayer. I'm so glad to hear his training went well and that he was happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise the Lord! This is wonderful news!

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great news Terri, I'm so glad to hear how happy Nathan is too, praise the Lord! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! God is so good! The blessings will only continue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's wonderful Terri! Glad to hear things are working out for him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very pleased to hear your news Terri. God's timing is always right, and Nathan will appreciate this chance the more for having waited patiently for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praise the Lord! Oh what fabulous news i cant tell you how thrilled i am for him.
    God bless sue x

    ReplyDelete
  13. O this is such happy news Terri! God bless Nathan's heart in his new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Terri - I hope this doesn't sound patronising - it isn't meant to be and forgive me if it does - but the bit where you said Nathan said he was happy - made me happy :)
    I am so so pleased about this job. Will he still work with the firehouse or is this finished?
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynn, not patronizing at all! Yes, he is still a member of the fire company. Most of the small towns around here have volunteer fire fighters so he will continue in that capacity. In fact, he went out on 4 ambulance calls this morning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live