Crafty Things - The Frugal Edition

We had a baby shower at church today and I volunteered to do the decorations.  However, the church is financially tight and I don't have any money for extras, so I needed to do it as frugally as possible.

I ended up with a pink & cream theme and thought the decorations turned out cute.

I made a banner from the scrapbooking materials that I have that said, "Showers of Blessing."

Photobucket

I made Danish paper heart baskets from scrapbook paper.  I also had some paper confetti hearts that had I made for another event and they were in the pink color scheme.
Photobucket

I had the glass bowls, added clear white stones and a tea light.  I had the pink fabric in my stash and just draped them around the bowls.
Photobucket

I also printed out Bible verses about children being a blessing onto card stock with a pink border around it and added hearts.
Photobucket

It turned out beautifully and the only cost was the pink napkins, pink dessert plates and candies for the heart baskets! 

My gift was a set of homemade burp cloths and washcloths housed in a cute monkey basket.  The basket was on sale after Easter a few years ago and cost me ten cents!  There were 10 of them left and I bought them all.  I've used them to package different gifts for newborns.
Photobucket

So it is possible to make things look nice and still not spend a fortune.  It's more work but I love doing things like this so it was a joy!

Comments

  1. Very pretty! That's a really cute shower gift too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decorations are beautiful and your gift is so sweet. No one would ever know this was frugal. You are so creative, Terri!!!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Terri. What a sense of achievement you must have had on doing such a lovely decor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live