Crafty Things

Photobucket

I've had a busy few days, getting ready for a Fall Festival at the local assisted living facility.  I had high hopes for this to be successful.  This place is like the Hilton of facilities.  It was going to be a gorgeous day.  And we were set up on the main thoroughfare.

Alas, it was not to be.  I ended up making a grand total of $40, after paying for the space.  Given the time I spent baking and sitting there, I made nothing!  I don't know why I keep participating in these things.  The only positive was that it was a good experience for Emily in helping me bake and learning how NOT to make money! lol
Untitled

I did put together a few more craft items this week, but other than one tea tote, none of the craft items sold.  I did manage to sell 6 loaves of bread, and 10 mini-loaves of sweet bread.

I made something new this week - 2 tote bags for shopping.  I thought they turned out so cute, though on the small side.  I certainly would need something bigger for my family!

This one is lined with dark blue.
IMG_8039

This one with tan.
IMG_8042

I also made two adult clothing coverings (bibs).  They are lined in royal blue.
IMG_8037

Here are some pictures of the day.

Emily freezing!  Pray for her if you think of it.  She has been pale, cold and listless lately.  She showed me her underarm yesterday and what I think is her lymph node is very swollen.  I'm not sure if she's sick because of her allergies or if something else is going on.  If she's not better in the next day or two, she's off to the doctor.
IMG_8046

All set up.
IMG_8047

Bread.
IMG_8050


I did manage to get a shot or two of the beautiful foliage.  It will be gone soon!
IMG_8051

I have not participated in the past three Sunday afternoon markets because of various happenings going on at church that I didn't want to miss.  However, this Sunday I will be there and hopefully, will do better than I did at this one!



Comments

  1. What a pity, Terri, and your quilts look so lovely too. I wonder if you displayed them hanging up...would it attract more, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, those are not quilts, Elizabeth. They are table runners. :-)

      Delete
  2. Well, bravo for your perseverance Terri. Everything looks lovely too, and I hope your next sale is more successful. Loving prayers for Emily, keep us posted. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.